Author Topic: Den of Thieves  (Read 10373 times)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Den of Thieves
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
I did a couple of thefts each before my sims had enough points to get shameless and since groups had been allowed, I made sim 1 do add to group + go here together to keep household members out of the way while sim 2 stole (then switch). Before when groups weren't allowed, I had planned to try to use the "chat here" option when chatting with sims to move townies out of the way until getting shameless. But that's a lot less reliable than using a group to move other sims around in my experience.

Shameless is - of course - much better than either since you don't have to wait for them to move, but this allowed me to get a few extra thefts in.

On a more general note, I found the 2016 "Take this challenge it's steal" thread very helpful - it only covers the worlds that were available back then but Nutella's breakdown and the subsequent discussion still pointed out a number of highly valuable items that I had missed when I briefly cased the joints in practice.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2023, 11:30:24 AM »
On a more general note, I found the 2016 "Take this challenge it's steal" thread very helpful - it only covers the worlds that were available back then but Nutella's breakdown and the subsequent discussion still pointed out a number of highly valuable items that I had missed when I briefly cased the joints in practice.

Nutella was an amazing player. She was on the team too for a while. I miss her. But, yeah, we have so many old challenges with golden nuggets hidden at the end when players open up with their strategies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2023, 11:31:27 AM »
Congratulations on winning, Nandarelle!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2023, 11:48:10 AM »
This was an awesome challenge. 8) About 20 minutes after I turned in my score, I realized that I could have my sims steal Anything --- but stealing gnomes was special and part of the multiplier.  If I had swiped stuff, then, the value of my lot would have gone up. I even made one klepto (evil klepto and disco nap to sleep less with the public enemy aspiration sim and the other sim called Fight Sims to make enemies (aspiration public enemy and traits (hot headed,evil and disco nap.  I even dressed the klepto sim as a firefighter so sims wouldn't think he was there to steal stuff and gave the fighter sim a conival kit dress with black trim and red sequins.

However, it was fun to beat up 43 sims to declare enemies.

My two Sims took turns beating up sims and filling their needs.  Lot traits only on Crick Cabana: mean vibe and carnival. I also had them complete enough of the public enemy aspiration to buy the always welcome reward trait because we couldn't use build/buy mode to buy portable beds, showers and coolers, so we welcome in homes in which we'd just beat the stuff out of the sims in that house or bar.

My strategy was to beat up the welcome wagon and lock them into Crick Cabana (poor BFF.)  Then, we went looking for sims to beat up and steal gnomes along the way if we saw them.  We didn't find any. Haha! I took the sims to various houses and made rude introductions to as many sims as possible so we could call them to the lots we went to for the first three days, then, we went to geekcon and took disco naps in between fights at the karoke bar in the fashion district (and invited sims to that lot, as well). They got a few bartenders! 

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2023, 02:44:14 PM »
I didn't realize shameless was quite so shameless.  I knew it got rid of the "wait around for 8 hours until you can steal again" but not that you would be successful. I kept having to make people leave the room - speaking of which

one of the things I think was a good idea was that my sims were werewolves. You want to clear a room?  Go on a rampage.  And then fight anyone who doesn't leave fast enough or run far enough.  Also, vampires and spell casters hate you on sight. And if you're not in a pack, so do most other werewolves. Looking at the other scores, I didn't spend anywhere near enough time fighting. I could have done better with that.

Also, toward the end, my sims just started autonomously stealing stuff (and worse, stealing cheap stuff) which got annoying.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2023, 03:48:07 PM »
This was a fun challenge. Thank you, mismck and the rest of the challenge team. It did take longer than I expected due to the enemy-making, so I totally understand not everyone was able to finish.

My Sims would not have like SueDenim's Sims, because they were vampires. Drinking someone's blood in public does help if you want the bystanders to dislike you. They also got the hissing 'weakness', which was more of a strength. Vampiric entrance was more powerful than I thought, it also lets you enter uninhabited houses (but not appartment), which helped me get an extra §10000 TV and a few paintings.

We had a similar challenge a few years ago, and while I didn't think to check the thread, I do still have my notes. Which included a list of all the most valuable stealable items. So, the first thing was to update that with all of the extra worlds that have come out since. You can steal the most expensive items from level 8 mischief. So, the first day or so, they spent their time leveling mischief, while occasionally stealing a gnome, leveling their vampire power (slightly), and making the first few enemies. And pick up that Shameless trait.
Then, I basically went to my list and started working my way from the most expensive item downwards. The tricky part were the research machines (from University) and computers, because they need a table or desk to place them, and Crick Cabana only has one spot. With moveobjects on, I was able to place four, but no more than that. So I went on to suits of armor and paintings a bit quicker than I otherwise would have.

During the cooldown periods, we traveled to many public lots and just picked fights. Once they had a terrible reputation this was a bit faster. Oh, and it is easy to get Greg to hate you, but I haven't figured out how to declare enemies with him.

In the end Bonnie & Clyde stole the following:

2 violins (§15000)
5 research machines (§12500) (4 placed)
2 very large TVs (§10000)
8 suits of armor (§8200)
7 paintings of §8000
11 paintings of §7500
1 bust of princess Cordelia
1 bird bath
6 gnomes
(I don't know the names of the paintings in English. The value is lower once placed on the lot, of course.)

Questions:
-I also wonder where the other gnomes are. I saw some in Magnolia Promenade, but was unable to steal them.
-Has anyone ever managed to steal the expensive paintings in Vlad's house? They're in a really awkward position, and even my batty vampires could not reach them.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2023, 03:52:29 PM »
I didn't get an entry for this challenge but I'm just weighing in with a great gnome location - 5 live at the trailer home in Strangerville - the one in the compound next to the curio shop and they are outdoors so it doesn't matter if someone has moved in or not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.