Author Topic: What happened to imaginary friends?  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Rebecca Ripple

• Nooboo
What happened to imaginary friends?
« on: September 30, 2022, 11:29:10 AM »
Does anybody here remember when young Sims who were born into a household during gameplay (as opposed to adopted or created in CAS) got a little "magic" doll in their inventory that they could turn into an imaginary friend (an NPC) with whom only that child could interact and only they could see?

Was that in the Sims 4? Or am I thinking of an old The Sims 3 feature? If it's in TS4, is it still doable with an up-to-date version of the game? Or did the devs remove it with an update? I have been unable to use this part of the game for a while now, since I usually CAS any children directly or adopt them (or else play with only grown-up Sims and no kids), and I'm wondering if there's maybe an item in BB mode - or a cheat - that can enable a young Sim to have an imaginary friend even if they were directly made in CAS or adopted. If it's just a part of Sims 3 and I'm remembering incorrectly, or if the devs put it into 4 and later removed it, is there a mod I can look into that will bring this functionality back into my game?

Either way, if you know what I mean and what's up with it, please reply below and tell me what happened. I really miss this feature, and I hope I'll be able to use it again in TS4, if at all possible. But if not, that's okay. At least I'll know, one way or the other.

Thanks, fellow Simmers!
Rebecca

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: What happened to imaginary friends?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 02:15:03 PM »
Imaginary friends were in the sims 3 Generations expansion pack. Sadly they haven’t been added to the sims 4. Sorry!
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rebecca Ripple

• Nooboo
Re: What happened to imaginary friends?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 03:18:01 PM »
Thank you, and it's okay. There may still be hope for it to be added back into TS5... I guess...?