Author Topic: Conflicts in Romance  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Conflicts in Romance
« on: July 27, 2022, 07:44:07 PM »
I can't think of anything else to call this. I'm *trying to get a couple romantically involved, but it seems that no matter what I do, it *always* goes negative. I've tried giving them both the romantic trait, all positive traits and it just will not go. Does anybody have any ideas?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Conflicts in Romance
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 07:52:12 PM »
Check there sexual orientation in CAS.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 08:08:31 PM »
Would it have anything to do w/the fact that he is alien?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »
No. With the new pack sims can be assigned in CAS a sexual orientation. If a man hits on a straight man he will be rejected for example. The normal bi is the default but it is a thing now. Make sure both of your sims are sexually compatible.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 12:20:40 AM »
This is definitely weird! I made sure that  they both had the opposite gender orientation and they both have romantic traits now, and it *still* fails!! I tried removing all of my mods and they still get double negatives when I try any romantic option.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 02:02:31 AM »
What are their sentiments? Certain sentiments can make gains impossible. If they have no negative sentiments, I am at a loss. I would delete the localthumbcache and repaired the game. Sometimes that fixes glitches. Sorry I can't investigate more for you but mandatory overtime is keeping me off of Sims. I haven't heard of a bug like that. Early aging, glitches curved walls and incest are the only bugs I heard of from the new patch.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
I was able to get some sims time in. I spent hours trying to replicate your issue. Unfortunately I was not able to. I looked on EA Answers HQ and found nothing remotely recent. Maybe I missed something. @Sonshine if it isn't a sentiment or sexual orientation issue I am at a loss as to the cause. I highly think it has to be a sentiment or a random glitch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 10:05:11 AM »
I'll take a look at the sentiments and see what happens.

I feel for you having to work so much IRL. I'm retired now, but remember well!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 02:18:44 PM »
OK, I think I *might* have found the problem. He  has no ID at all. Maybe that's why nothing is working b/c the game can't read him? I just checked the alien child as well and he also has no ID! I'm wondering if all aliens have no id? I'll ask over at the official forum.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 03:05:55 PM »
I finally decided to try to work up their friendship relationship to the best friends point. Interestingly, now the romance actions work! I've never had to have my sims be best friends before now! Now maybe they can get married eventually.

Now it seems like they have to be at the very max of the relationship to have any romantic relations. : / I tried when they both came home from work and as usual, it was awkward. :(  There must be some kind of code within his character that I can't see.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 01:26:09 AM »
Hmm. Thanks for the udate.

anything