Author Topic: Prom issues  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
Prom issues
« on: October 03, 2022, 02:36:26 PM »
1) Has anyone ever made gold on the Prom event? I have tried multiple times (sims on long lifespans / two different games) and can only achieve silver. Any tips or tricks you can give me?

2) Prom royalty. How does one get chosen? I assume being friends with lots of teens?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Prom issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
I don't have High School Years, so I had to search on this.

Found this thread from answers.ea that explains how to get gold on the Prom Event.

[HSY] Can't 'Dance With Someone' at Prom / Can't achieve 'Gold' Event Rating
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-Can-t-Dance-With-Someone-at-Prom-Can-t-achieve-Gold-Event/td-p/11752262

It sounds like you vote to choose prom royalty.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »
Sannara

I've had four generations of teens go to Prom Night. For me, it really depends on what event goals I get.
Gen3: Weaver was my first teen sim after I bought the HSY pack.  He ran out of time trying to complete all the goals and didn't even get to enjoy himself, lol.  He ended up with silver.
Gen4: My twins both earned gold at Prom Night.  I wanted my heir to be Prom Royalty but her shy brother won that title instead. 
          For the Eat food task, I discovered my sim only had to grab a serving without actually finishing it.
Gen5: Three household teens attended and they all earned gold. Two of them were voted Prom Royalty and Prom Jester.
Gen6: My triplets only ended up with Silver, though the brothers won the Prom Royalty and Prom Jester titles. They just couldn't complete the "Take Photo in Photo Booth" task.
          My teen even had the photo he took in the photo booth in his inventory, but it didn't count for some reason.

Personally, I think Prom Night has too many tasks to earn Gold. Unless my teens devote the entire time chasing after the event tasks, they only earn Silver.
Plus, the rewards for a gold prom Night aren't that great.  It's a gramophone that can only play the Prom song plus, if I remember correctly, a gold trophy.  Not sure about the trophy, actually.
Also, my sims have never been able to complete the Take Photo in Photo Booth task because the game doesn't recognize it's been completed.
I love when my sims get voted for Prom titles, but I'm over chasing after the gold.

good luck and happy simming.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:45 AM »
One of my Sims did get gold for Prom but I'm not sure how. Anyway, the gramophone plays random types of music. Turn it on, and you might get Cottagecore; another time you might get Latin Pop.

To get your teen voted for, send two from the same household. A couple of times, the one vote is enough to ensure that a date wins.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 03:05:52 PM »
Marian T, thank you for letting me know the Prom gramophone plays different kinds of music.
As for voting, I once had twins go to Prom. The sister voted her brother for Prom Jester and the brother voted his sister for Prom Royalty.
It was her brother, though, who was voted Prom Royalty so one vote wasn't enough in that sister's case.
I've since noticed that each active sim can vote twice.