Author Topic: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.  (Read 10226 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »
@Cheezey Amen to all of those, except maybe the adult mod related one.  I mostly find that amusing!

There are things you can do about some of these though.  I don't remember if all computers have security settings or if it's just laptops, but you can lock them for yourself only, or household only.
Washing dishes in the bathroom:  There's a mod by Scumbumbo, now maintained by someone else (Scumbumbo passed away), called Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop.  It allows you to lock or unlock sinks for dishwashing.  If I remember right, it locks them all out by default, and then you just unlock the kitchen sink.
Sadly I don't know of any way to stop your sims from trying to go to bed the moment their Energy goes yellow.  It drives me nuts too.  Not only do they go to bed with other needs they should take care of first, they often try to go to bed WAY TOO EARLY!  No, don't go to bed at 8, you'll be so out of sync tomorrow it will be a disaster!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 11:00:12 AM »
@Cheezey Amen to all of those, except maybe the adult mod related one.  I mostly find that amusing!

I admit that it can be funny sometimes. I laughed at the Sulani spirits because it was just so... sims-level ridiculous. But it gets frustrating when it happens when I've got other stuff going on in the game, like a party I want screenshots from or whatnot. Nothing like interrupting a birthday celebration to stop an in-law from getting too cozy with his girlfriend on the bed when they should all be watching someone age up!  ;D

There are things you can do about some of these though.  I don't remember if all computers have security settings or if it's just laptops, but you can lock them for yourself only, or household only.
Washing dishes in the bathroom:  There's a mod by Scumbumbo, now maintained by someone else (Scumbumbo passed away), called Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop.  It allows you to lock or unlock sinks for dishwashing.  If I remember right, it locks them all out by default, and then you just unlock the kitchen sink.

Oh, good! I'd heard of that mod, but by the time I found it, it was out of date. Probably because it was under the original owner on MTS or something. Thanks for letting me know. I'll hunt it down!

Sadly I don't know of any way to stop your sims from trying to go to bed the moment their Energy goes yellow.  It drives me nuts too.  Not only do they go to bed with other needs they should take care of first, they often try to go to bed WAY TOO EARLY!  No, don't go to bed at 8, you'll be so out of sync tomorrow it will be a disaster!

Yes. It's one of the reasons I get frustrated with too many sims in the house. You really have to micromanage their sleep schedules. It also peeves me when they put their near-hungry toddlers to bed.  If you think they're cranky now, wait until they get hungry in five minutes and drag you back in there with their tantrum about it.  ::) 

That said, I'm so glad I read somewhere that you can put food or snacks on the floor and the toddlers can feed themselves.  At first I thought you had to use the high chair and that thing is such a pain in the plumbob. It's cute when it works, but it takes so much time and the grown up sims always wander off at the wrong time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 05:05:41 PM »
Cheezey
For toddler meals, you can also place multi-serving meals in a Baker's Cousin Display Case.
It not only prevents spoilage in the same way that a fridge does, it also lets toddlers grab individual servings for themselves (which they can't do from a fridge).

Regarding all the undesirable behavior, I confess that I used lockable doors A LOT.
And I play without a sink on the lot which I realize is completely unrealistic but all "Grab a drink" actions drive me crazy enough.

Offline RushTX

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2022, 02:35:57 PM »
Something that annoys me is when I've got 2 sims on a date, and they're having a romantic conversation/getting to know each other, then a NPC comes up and "happily" joins the conversation. (Luckily I've got MCCC, so I can just make the "third wheel" go home or go jogging, but still, it's kind of annoying.)  ::)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2022, 04:07:16 PM »
@RushTX thepancake1 has a free mod on Patreon that lets you kick a sim out of a conversation simply by right-clicking their thumbnail.  A very handy solution for something that is, indeed, really annoying!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2022, 02:37:57 PM »
One thing that annoys me the most right now is a sim who is a "goofball." He is ALWAYS pranking the toilet. I have to keep VERY close watch on him and then sometimes he slips in there and boom! : / To me, this is just overkill.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »
@Sonshine I don't remember if you said you use mods?  If so, there is a No Autonomous Prank Toilet mod, I think I got it from Mod The Sims.  It works great, haven't had a pranked toilet since I got it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2022, 04:52:59 PM »
Thanks for that!!! I'll check that out!

Hi Brian, do you have a direct link or a zip of that file? I did a search for it, but nothing came up.  :(

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2022, 05:05:33 PM »
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2022, 06:29:02 PM »
Thanks Mod Hunter!!

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2022, 10:53:33 AM »
Another thing that annoys me is the fact that items in your inventory leave it when you use them; it gets especially annoying with bikes being left on the overrworld.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
One thing I'm experiencing now is when I queue up a bunch of social interactions for one sim and then go to another family member to queue up actions or whatever for them to do, all of the social queues are gone from the first sim and the sim they were talking to walks off.

anything