Author Topic: Farewell, Old Friend.  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Farewell, Old Friend.
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2021, 01:12:45 PM »
I have fantastic news on preserving Pam's legacy here at the forum. Or, well, her Dynasty and all the posts she may have made with images. Her Photobucket account has been transferred to me as of today and I can take over billing on it. Feels really good to have this done because it's been bothering me a lot that we could lose them. I backed up the dynasty pics, but no way I can back up every post she ever made with a picture.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2021, 02:28:34 PM »
Great news! And I think the Dynasty pictures would matter most to her.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2021, 04:33:34 PM »
That is great to hear Carl!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2021, 11:39:02 PM »
I just found out tonight.  Even though I only was in a few threads with Pam (I joined in June 2016), I can tell how much she meant to this forum.  She was always so nice to me.  I'm really sad to hear this news, but I'm sure Pam and Joe are hanging out together now.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 02:38:23 AM »
I come onto the forums for the first time in ages and see this. :( I didn't know Pam well like some forum members did but I enjoyed reading her stories and she always helped me and was really nice about it, I still remember the time she pinned a thread I created to help other people, it's still there even now.

R.I.P. Pam I will miss you. :(

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2021, 08:44:50 AM »
I don’t quite know how to begin this post for obvious reasons! I came onto this forum for the first time in years and found this news with disbelief and tremendous sadness. I don’t think I have words to describe how utterly wonderful Pam was. I can still remember making my account 10(!!!) years ago and she was a massive part of why my time here was so enjoyable.

The entire reason that I circled back to this forum recently was actually because of Pam. I recently got back into the Sims 4 and purchased the Nifty Knitting pack. Whilst working my way through the aspiration that comes with it, I noticed one of the milestones is named simply ‘Dream Weaver’ which of course brought a huge smile to my face for obvious reasons! I would like to think that someone in the development team named it in honour of the wonderful dynasty. I really hope this is the case, I think Pam would have really loved that ❤️

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2022, 01:46:48 AM »
Wow, I’m so sad that I didn’t find out about this until now. I haven’t been active here in years but when I was, Pam and I talked often.

I came onto this forum for the first time in a while and…obviously I’m at a loss for words. I was active here during my early teenage years, and during those times, Pam and I had a pleasant relationship.

Back in 2012, I was a 13-year-old kid who loved video games. I can’t remember how, but somehow, I was introduced to this website through her DecaDynasty story. I had a question about her computer specs (was begging my parents for a new one at the time) and she answered, and welcomed me to the forum. From there, things just took off. Throughout the next 2-3 years, I was active on here consistently. I posted everyday, and Pam and I interacted a fair amount. I hope the private messages we sent all those years ago are still on here. We talked about writing stories, and she even gave me permission to use one of her sims in one of my old stories.

Looking back, I was definitely annoying, but she was so kind and patient with me throughout our interactions.
Don’t get me wrong, she definitely told me off a few times (as she should have, I was a bratty teenager), but even then, I could admire her determination to this website and our bond didn’t change. 

I’m glad I had the privilege of being acquainted with Pam. I know I’ll never forget her because of how important this place was to me as I was growing up.

Rest in peace Pam, your presence will always be remembered.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tarrel

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2022, 12:02:24 PM »
I have little to say. I have always prioritised Pam's responses in the forums - always correct, always helpful.
She will be missed even by those of us (me) who knew her least.

anything