Author Topic: Are Werewolves the ultimate vagrant occult?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Are Werewolves the ultimate vagrant occult?
« on: June 17, 2022, 09:55:18 AM »
I just did a save were I banned all build/buy items, and skill based income including jobs, and zeroed out the money. And honestly after a few days after the first transformation my werewolf didn't need well any traditional build/buy items. My Sim hunted for food and ate it raw, slept on the ground. Licked herself clean, relieved herself anywere, talked to whatever NPC sims out wondering about, and swam for fun. My werewolf lived a wild life. Like the animal she is.

So what fun stories are you playing with your werewolves?

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: Are Werewolves the ultimate vagrant occult?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:46:47 AM »
Werewolves are, hands down, the best prepared to live ferally, for sure. Only hunting for food is a rank 2 ability, and one gets two points per rank to spend. Until one can eat raw, hunted meat, a few simoles provides a meal from the grill at the Moonwood Collective camp.  Before one gets Groom Self, there are showers (and toilets) at the Moonwood Mill Library.

So one CAN get by, not building at all , as you have seen. It's also ideal for off-grid, squatter style, semi-feral punk rock teens, a la Subirbia.  (Do kids today even know that film exists? It was obscure in my own Gen X day. A lost classic.)

I am playing two Werewolves saves. In one, I am founding a Legacy - when my laptop died, it took my old saves with it - and while feral living is possible, it is a bajillion times harder with toddlers. So Logan and Teage Woodruff have a conventional, comfortable home on thw 30x30 lot that I have named The Puppy Mill.

Logan is rank 10 (+6) in the Professor branch of the Education career, and is an Adult.  Teague is 8 out of 12 credits into his distinguished degree in Culinary Arts at Britechester U. They were already married (an impulsive decision, at the San Myshuno Romance Festival) when they moved to Moonwood Mills. Both were turned by Greg.  Teague provoked him, and contracted werebies in a savage attack. Logan managed to communicate, Greg followed him home and into the house and Logan asked for his gift.  Logan is a reboot of a TS3 werewolf, and his established surname since at least 2016 is Howell. But that name was taken, in this pack, by Wildfangs member Lou, so the household goes by Teague's name, instead. Of their three sets of twins, two have Greater Wolf Blood, two are ordinary werewolves, and two have the Dormant Wolf trait. I plan to make the younger Dormant Wolf a Spellcaster, exploring the lost Mooncaster legacy.  So far, the apparent winner of the genetics sweepstakes is the youngest werewolf, still a toddler (trait: Wild), Ethan. He is going to be Mischief Incarnate, as a Teen - and probably the Gen 1 sim I will most closely follow.

My other save is a singleton Spooky Boy living in the starter shack on the Moonwood Collective side of the river, and the first Sim I created as a Werewolf in CAS (I am not very proficient with the paint tools, and mostly keep the default transformation, plus a few tweaks like scars).  He was my first Apex, and is a freelance writer and full time gloom cookie, and is a Beta with the Collective (the pack to which Logan belongs as well, also Apex/Beta; Teague is a Friend, but unaffiliated). Damion Kinsey is fairly successful, but has yet to achieve Werewolf Sympathy for the dormant trait unlock. He is the boyfriend of Collective alpha, Kristopher Volkov.

I am loving this pack & having a blast. So many styles of play possible!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.