Author Topic: Olympus Dreams (Complete)  (Read 27518 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 5.6-7: The End is In Sight
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2022, 11:08:09 AM »
Olympus Dreams 5.6-7: The End is In Sight

Athena: Welcome to my world! I worked so hard at the lab that the aliens wanted a chat. I didn’t mind but I was really tired the next day

7.1.jpg

It didn’t stop me doing a bit of excavating though. I got most of my crystals from my work colleagues but the last one was from just around here. I quit my job straight away without getting one promotion! I’ve got other plans.

7.2.jpg

Dad put Fluffy in to the fair and got first prize. I think her hat helped. Because she’s so black everyone thinks she’s an evil hen but she’s not

7.4.jpg

Here’s the evil chick! We called him Damien and he didn’t do too much damage. When he aged up to a rooster though, he just disappeared. I don’t know if it was because we already had a rooster – Cocky. I can see that 2 roosters aren’t a good idea.

7.5.jpg

Here’s Orion coming home from his drama club with some feather award. He’s really proud of it but he had his birthday that night and never went back! To be honest, he never went to high school either, graduating with a B which he got from being an A student as a child. So jammy!

7.6.jpg

Oops – here’s me asking for my first loan – to help set up my own spa studio. It looks like our founder is going to say “no”, doesn’t it. They always do but then they always give it to me anyway. No-one’s turned me down yet. Techne and GG Demi moved out with the dogs but they still come back with our family club. They’ve loaned me some money too!

7.8.jpg

The spa where I sneak in and lead classes is lovely but I really want my own place

7.9.jpg

Ah – a bit of relaxation – me singing with Mum – that was a great night and I think we sounded pretty good together! I thought Mum would miss the dogs but she’s not mentioned them.

7.10.jpg

Orion started getting acting gigs. This is some commercial he filmed

7.13.jpg

So that’s us – just a weird family, making a few waves here and there. Oh – yes, I’ve set up my studio. I still need a few more loans to get it just right. Can you see all my crystals – lovely!

7.14.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 72 (Year 5, Summer 4)

Techne
(gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 – moved out

Demeter (gen 5) - Restauranteur: Completed Week 60 – moved out

Hecate (gen 7) – Virtuous Vet: Completed Week 71 – still in house

Camillo (gen 7 spouse) – Rancherino: Move in Collection – plants; Aspirations – Country Caretaker 3/4, Freelance Botanist 3/4; Skills – Charisma 3, Gardening 8, Handiness 3; Satisfaction Rewards – ; Other #1 off-grid/simple living, 17/17 canned goods, 11/13 animal treats, 2/3 1st place ribbons, 1 evil chickens raised.

Athena (gen 8 ) – Cult Founder; Aspirations – Inner Peace 0/1, Zen Guru 0/1; Lead 6/20 Yoga classes, guide 2/20 Meditations, borrow 13/20 £2k loans; Skills – Charisma 10, Singing 10, Wellness 10; Satisfaction Rewards – Hardly Hungry; All Crystals

Orion (gen 8 ) - Superstar; Master Actor 2, World-Famous Celeb 0; Career – Actor 3; Skills Acting 4, Comdey 5, Charisma 5; Satisfaction Rewards – Carefree; Other – none achieved.

L-to-R: Cate, Camillo, Orion & Athena
7.15.jpg

Notes

Oh, it was a grind to get that final Vet Clinic perk. Cate didn’t officially need to complete her big dream but I wanted at least one completed by Gen 7. I doubt Camillo will complete his collection…

I wasn’t sure how many crystals I’d need as GTW and Jungle added 2 more. I can see the finish line so, when I got the complete splash and the plaque, I decided that was good enough.

I was sorry to see the dogs go, even if Cate’s not missing them, but they took a lot of care and attention. We’re full steam ahead to working on Athena’s Big Dream. I did join Orion for one of his gigs but he’ll go by himself for the next ones.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 5.6-7: The End is In Sight
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2022, 08:20:15 PM »
Go Athena!  You're practically at the finish line!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: Olympus Dreams 5.6-7: The End is In Sight
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2022, 09:27:35 PM »
So close! Woooo! *blows party horn and throws confetti*
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 5.8-9: It's Been A Blast
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2022, 07:44:38 AM »
Olympus Dreams 5.8-9: It's Been A Blast

Athena: Please will you lend me £2k?
Cleaner: But I’m the cleaner!
Athena: Aw – go on! It’s the last amount I need for my wellness studio.
Cleaner: What? I can’t think straight with you in that outfit! Oh – I seem to have lent the daughter of a multi-millionaire my last £2k! Doh!

9.1.jpg

Camillo: 2 first place ribbons for Fluffy the chicken and my perfect dragonfruit. I really want another, if our Watcher would just spare the time?
Watcher: But – we’re in the end game – all the focus needs to be on Athena. You can relax…

9.2.jpg

Camillo: Come on Ruffles. You’re looking so fine in this outfit from the Creature Keeper. If I brush and brush you, Watcher is bound to relent!

9.3.jpg

Watcher: Oh! What now? A rainbow treat?
Camillo: Isn’t she stunning. She’s happy too! Not very happy, but definitely happy.
Watcher: Alright, we can’t argue with a bit of happiness, now can we?
Camillo: Hear that, Ruffles? We’re going to the fair!
Watcher: Just don’t milk her before you put her in your pocket (!)

9.4.jpg

Camillo: You look great Ruffles. I’ve entered that excellent rainbow milk you gave us earlier this week too but you’re the star of the show! Don’t forget to be nice to the Mayor.

9.5.jpg

Athena: Where is everyone? I know Dad’s off celebrating Ruffles first place at the fair but I thought someone might show up to my class. What’s the point of having my own wellness studio if no-one comes? Class cancelled!

9.6.jpg

Athena: Quick – just a one on one class before the official instructor throws me out. At least I get some participants here - but not many. Maybe no-one likes my classes because Watcher makes me do them at triple speed…
Watcher (examining nails): Um – what?

9.7.jpg

Camillo: Did you hear, Athena? Your great grandfather Carlo has died? You remember – he came to your birthdays.
Athena: Oh – here – let me calm your emotions.
Watcher: That doesn’t count for Zen Guru – try something else!
Camillo: Why am I in this outfit? Oh it’s too much!

9.9.jpg

Athena: Mum! Let me console you for your loss, hug you lovingly and ask about your sad mood.
Watcher: Wait – don’t cheer her up too quickly! Pace it out and then go back to your father.

9.10.jpg

Athena: There! Are you satisfied?
Watcher: Very!

9.11.jpg

Athena: Are we done?
Watcher: I think so.
Athena: What about Orion?
Watcher: We were never going to get Superstar for him.
Athena: Not since you stopped watching him. He just swims and poses – actually quite like an out-of-work actor…

9.12.jpg

Watcher: Your Mum’s gone a bit funny too.
Athena: Yeah – doing the dishes in Aphrodite-designer wear! I think it’s time.

9.13.jpg

Athena: Maybe we should just plan our outfits for going back to Olympus – after all – there’s bound to be a party of some description.
Watcher: What did you have in mind?
Camillo: Wait! What am I wearing?
Watcher: We-ell – you didn’t finish your Big Dream
Camillo: Nor did Orion and look at his cool threads!
Watcher: But you’re not actually a God so they might not let you in. I thought you could sneak in as a servant…?
Camillo: Can I bring Ruffles?

9.14.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 74 (Year 5, Autumn 2)

Hecate
(gen 7) – Virtuous Vet: Completed Week 71 – still in house

Camillo (gen 7 spouse) – Rancherino: Move in Collection – plants; Aspirations – Country Caretaker 4/4, Freelance Botanist 4/4; Skills – Charisma 4, Gardening 10, Handiness 6; Satisfaction Rewards – Incredibly Friendly; Other #1 off-grid/simple living, 11/13 animal treats, 3/3 1st place ribbons

Athena (gen 8 ) – Cult Founder; Completed week 74 - Completing the Dynasty

Orion (gen 8 ) - Superstar; Master Actor 2, World-Famous Celeb 0; Career – Actor 3; Skills Acting 6, Comdey 6, Charisma 5; Other – BFF with Techne (Global Superstar)

Notes

Can you believe the cheek of Athena asking the cleaner for a loan? I’d like to say she paid all her debtors back – but she didn’t. There's a limit to how often you can publicise your meditations/yoga classes. Athena was doing them back to back (inbetween smelling incense and listening to New Age) and publicising them when she could. Quite a few got cancelled with no attendees but she finally got there with 20 of each. Is it wrong that I was pleased to have a death in the family so Athena could become a Zen Guru? It feels wrong....

Camillo did his best on his dream, just 2 treats and some skilling, but I didn’t have the patience for his move-in collection. Orion, on the other hand really did just loaf around. Although, to do him credit, he didn’t get in anyone’s way as some Sims do.

Aphrodite’s weird designer-wear kept cropping up throughout the dynasty. I might have been a bit more careful to cancel some of the weirder ones if I’d realised.

This is the first Sims dynasty that I’ve ever completed – and I think I have.

Big Dreams Achieved - 23
1 – Family Matters * - Hera (gen 1)
3 – Sports Master - Hali'a (gen 3 spouse)
4 – Tech-Head - Daedalus (gen 4)
5 – Artistic Genius - Hephaestus (gen 2)
6 – Music Afficionado - Candy (gen 2 spouse)
9 – Master Mixer - Hebe (gen 2)
11 – Outdoorsman - Artemis (gen 2)
12 – Financial Whiz - Pablo (gen 4 spouse)
14 – People Person - Harmonia (gen 4)
15 – Love ‘Em and Take ‘Em - Zeus (gen 1)
18 – Master Scientist - Apollo (gen 3)
19 – World Traveller ~ - Hermes (gen 2)
20 – Alien Antics - Agdistis (gen 4)
22 – Restauranteur - Demeter (gen 5)
24 – Cult Founder - Athena (gen 8 )
26 – Sea Siren - Poseidon (gen 3)
31 – Holiday Lover - Clement (gen 3 spouse)
35 – Virtuous Vet- Hecate (gen 7)
36 – Saviour of StrangerVille - Despoina (gen 6)
37 – Gold Digger - Aphrodite (gen 3)
38 – Intrepid Adventurer - Ares (gen 2)
39 – Legendary Gamer - Paidia (gen 4)
40 – Ace Photographer - Techne (gen 5)

Started but not Completed
30 – Rancherino - Camillo (gen 7 spouse)
41 – Superstar - Orion (gen 8 )

Remaining
2 – Family Ties *
7 – Author *
8 – Foodie *
10 – Garden Guru *
13 – Soulmates *
17 – Life-Long Learner *
23 – Dark Side Lord *
25 – Creative Artisan *
27 – Mischief Maker ~
28 – Uber Sim *
29 – Internet Celeb *
32 – Dr McSteamy *
34 – Eco Warrior *

* completed in previous attempts
~ started but not completed in previous attempts

Part of my completer-finisher trait would like to have a go at actually finishing Rancherino & Superstar plus, would you believe, Mischief Maker but I think I’ll save that for another family.

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank the forum moderators for all their behind-the-scenes hard work. Particularly @oshizu  who may not have any hair left after tearing it out over my sloppy attention to the rules and haphazard gameplay. Her guidance and patience have been legendary.

I would like to thank anyone else who has weighed in with tips and encouragement or simply by upping the number of views – encouragement in itself.

It's been a blast and a welcome distraction from real life.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 5.8-9: It's Been A Blast (Complete)
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2022, 12:47:24 PM »
My favorite screenshot of this update might have been the rainbow-colored Ruffles making sexy eyes at Camillo.

What a marvelous achievement, Judi! Congratulations! *throws confetti

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2022, 07:42:14 PM »

Congrats on your first completed dynasty! Now ... what's next?  ;D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2022, 01:37:12 AM »

Congrats on your first completed dynasty! Now ... what's next?  ;D
Coming soon! Lol!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Olympus Dreams (Complete)
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2022, 12:11:01 PM »
Congrats Granny Lawlor on your entry to the Sims 4 HoF.. Here is your official entry.

Olympus Dreams

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Olympus Dreams (Complete)
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2022, 08:05:26 AM »
Congrats Granny Lawlor!