Author Topic: How To Start A New Save with A Pre-Existing Family  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Jelli2233

• Nooboo
How To Start A New Save with A Pre-Existing Family
« on: May 08, 2022, 03:05:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and new to The Sims 3 in general. I used to play many years ago, and just got started back into it. I've just started a legacy challenge, and am trying to figure out how to take an existing family that is already being played, and save them so I can play with them in their own individual save.

An example of what I'm asking:
- Start a save with a Sim. Said Sim gets married and has kids.
-When Sim A's kids age up to young adults, I'd like to be able to move them out of the existing household, "copy" the family that I moved out of the original house, and start a brand new save with that family so my aging of the sims doesn't get messed up. I'd like to be able to play with all of my sims in the generations and allow them to all get married and have kids, so I can't move them out to a new house in the same save file that I've started with because then they would age up. I'd like aging to stay on for my played household and the other NPC households. Just trying to find a way for me to do rotational play with aging on still but do so in such a way that the sims from my legacy don't age.

So I'm either looking for a way to start a new save with the family members that I'm trying to move out of the original house, or a way to move them out into the same world but keep aging off for them, while the rest of the world continues to age.

Not sure if this post makes sense. Please feel free to ask clarifying questions if needed. Thanks so much in advance for any help or ideas you may have!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How To Start A New Save with A Pre-Existing Family
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 07:00:27 PM »
You could save the family to the library to then start them in a new save file.

If you want to move out any YA Sims. You can either use the phone or computer.

–  By Phone: Real Estate and Travel Services > and pick from one of the options it provides. Like Move > Within This Neighborhood.

–  By Computer: Move > Within This Neighborhood or To New Town.

At the Move menu, you can also kick them out, which will move the Sim into a random house. 

Here are some links to posts that tell you about saving families and houses to the Library.

Sims 3 - How To: Save a Household to Library
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

Sims 3 - How To: Save a House/Community Lot to the Library
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jelli2233

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »
Thank you so much for the additional info. :) So, it looks like there isn't a way to keep aging off for specific sims, such as the once played sims that now are kicked out. So if I want to still be able to play them within the same save file then I need to turn aging off, correct? Thanks so much for the reply and the additional info. I really appreciate it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 12:12:07 AM »
You're welcome!! :)

Not that I'm aware of. Aging is an off/on toggle for all Sims in the current save file. - Each save can have it's own set of gameplay settings. 

You might want to ask over at Nraas to see if they have a mod or know of a mod that might help.  https://www.nraas.net
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything