Author Topic: Should child sims be allowed to live without adults?  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
Should child sims be allowed to live without adults?
« on: July 21, 2022, 12:30:54 PM »
I've been thinking how things could go for child sims that are living by themself, if the devs were to add that feature; how well would that go?  I've also gotten a bit of an interest in that kind of playstyle.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Should child sims be allowed to live without adults?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 07:58:20 PM »
They could not make bills. Kids income stream is minimal. Income skills aren't given kids for the most part and no jobs. In addition they cannot cook limiting food to quick meals and cereal. Plus school limits the time they can savage for toys to sell making survival real rough. It likely could be done in a cheap house like a half or less of the cost of a starter home but it would be a challenge. Also it would be child neglect on an epic scale. EA would never allow that in game. Some realities are just too real for EA to risk. There may be a mod for that though. Never looked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 09:14:57 PM »
They could not make bills. Kids income stream is minimal. Income skills aren't given kids for the most part and no jobs. In addition they cannot cook limiting food to quick meals and cereal. Plus school limits the time they can savage for toys to sell making survival real rough. It likely could be done in a cheap house like a half or less of the cost of a starter home but it would be a challenge. Also it would be child neglect on an epic scale. EA would never allow that in game. Some realities are just too real for EA to risk. There may be a mod for that though. Never looked.

Well, the bills issue can be negated by having the kid living in a lot that's off-the-grid.  But you are right about that being major child neglect and EA not allowing that; it's a shame, since I'd find that kind of playstyle cool and interesting to do.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 10:48:32 PM »
Off The Grid only removes SOME of the bills. You still need to pay on the lot value. Rummaging for toys and painting on the draft table would still have a hard time covering it. I almost want to have a go at it. It sound difficult. It actually sounds fun. I like a challenge. I too would love to give street urchin life a go.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 09:19:59 PM »
I thought I'd give it a try, but as you also have probably found out and as you guessed, it is impossible.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 05:22:43 AM »
As a potential workaround, perhaps have a vampire 'adult' whom you keep in permanent hibernation and otherwise ignore?