Author Topic: My Wedding Story -- First Impressions  (Read 3311 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
My Wedding Story -- First Impressions
« on: February 24, 2022, 07:59:44 PM »
I have not bought this pack. I honestly am on the fence if I ever will. I want to here what others who have the pack think. I waited for someone to start this thread and after 24 hours nothing, so I will start it. What do you think? Do you like My Wedding Stories?? Hate it? Does it work as intended or is it as buggy as can be? Is it worth the asking price? Is it fun? Please let us on the fence know. Thanks!

Offline BellsOnFire

• Nooboo
Re: My Wedding Story -- First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »
I played it yesterday and I could barely do anything, tried to arrange a couple of the new eventos that come with the pack and they didn't work at all. I was shocked and deeply disappointed. When I tried to plan the wedding itself, it didn't show any people to the different new roles, just on the guest options.

So I'm gonna try the fix mod that Carl has released and hope for the best.

Off topic: sorry for my bad English I'm not a native speaker.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 07:44:08 AM »
NO problem. @BellsOnFire you speak better English than I speak your native tongue. Thanks for the review. Sad to here that it is that buggy. Also welcome to the forum.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 08:33:10 AM »
The new world is pretty.  The slow dancing is neat, you can choose it at any radio.  The sims will go find an open area to do it, so they might end up in a separate room!  I can't really get myself motivated to try out the wedding features, because I really, really, don't care.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 09:57:06 AM »
I got this because I have everything else (except some of the kits) and because I have an Immortal Dynasty heir who is ready to get married, and I thought she might enjoy a big wedding. But given all the reports of bugs, I decided to do a test wedding first.
The picture below is for those who don't want to read a long text.

wed01.jpg
Yes, that's the happy bride and groom, on their way down (or up) the aisle to get married. But note -- most of the guests are sitting down or on the way to their seats. They did actually get married, and later the two of them danced a slow dance. By the end, I did have tears in my eyes, as the people on the livestream said the developers hoped for. They were tears of laughter rather than sentiment, but they were tears.

Annoyances
It was raining both times that I sent my couple to Tartosa.
Shops in the town are open only during 9 am to 6 pm.
My bride wasn't able to get a bouquet, and there was no option to order one on the computer.
Your Sim has to ask another Sim to be Sim of Honor, Officiant, Flower Pal, etc. It's not a bug that you can't pick them when planning the wedding, but it is annoying.
The cake topper goes into household inventory when you put the cake in the refrigerator.
You have to remember to put the cake in your Sim's inventory before leaving the house, and there's no way to order a wedding cake on the phone if you forget.
Sims go up the aisle to the arch and down the aisle to leave. Where I come from, people walk down the aisle to get married.

Bugs
Even though I checked "Polished" on the wedding set-up, guests showed up in everyday clothing (And why BoHo and Polished as options, rather than everyday and formal?)
The bride and groom never did wear their wedding clothing.
When picking out a boutonniere for the groom, you can't actually see what you're choosing until you get the full view.
Clicking on the stereo for First Dance produced no action.
Clicking on the stereo for Guests Dance produced no action.
Clicking on "Throw rice" did get the guests to throw rice -- even the one who had left the building to go use the bathroom.

Things that worked
My Sims actually did exchange their vows, and there were little heart fireworks afterwards. (I should note that I made my own wedding venue on an empty lot.)
Guests sat down.
My married Sims danced with each other when I had the bride choose "Slow dance with Johnny Zest" on the stereo.

I don't think Carl can bear to do this, but it would be helpful if someone would post a guide to having a successful wedding -- without mods.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 11:49:58 AM »
I don't think Carl can bear to do this, but it would be helpful if someone would post a guide to having a successful wedding -- without mods.

That's the thing-- you need Carl's mod, or forget it.  The train wreck you posted is what you get without it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 02:58:20 PM »
@MarianT I have yet to hear of a successful wedding without mods. I been looking at all the internet talking head and the official forum and I haven't heard of a low bug wedding event with the pack even with Carl's still a work in progress mod. But I hear his mod makes it much better. So the guide would have to wait until a patch or two happens. I share an account with my sister-in-law as her husband, daughter and her live with me and she bought the pack, I haven't gave the gameplay it a try. I am scared too. I do like the world. so my first impressions will come sooner or later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 11:55:40 PM »
This is a complete mess. I was testing to see what had changed and how it affects the IDC gold medal parties. Well, that went out the window. No more gold medal weddings. Few too many hoops to jump through. The aisle didn't work. Nothing worked as planned. I will try again tomorrow but this mess was just a big ole mess. Even Colt got fed up. He changed into his birthday suit and started dancing.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 01:20:38 AM »
I finally decided to okay the content from this pack. I will break the pack in parts and grade each part then give an overall grade at the end. I will start with the best and go to the worse parts.

World- Tartosa is well done. I love the feel. It has a vibe conducive with the pack. It is large for a game pack world with 9 lots. No large lots is a downer, and the wedding venue is broken as it has two arches and isles making a redesign a must. Grade B+ Hey I really like the world.

Build/Buy-The stuff looks great. some of it is limited to the theme and will be hard to use outside of party or formal settings. Still not bad at all. Grade C

CAS- Not bad looking items but nothing much for daily wear. Men/children/toddlers get shafted yet again. I wondering if they hate men, children, and toddlers at Maxus at this point as they always get the shaft. There is some clipping issues on some outfits. Mostly the offerings are nice but so limited. I also am so sick of men getting the shaft. Grade D+

Gameplay- Well the pack is lacking majorly here. Weddings are better without mod without this pack. There really isn't much gameplay and what there is is buggy as possible making it barely playable to unplayable  It clearly needed more time. Grade F-

Over all grade is an F. Until it is fixed I advise to avoid this pack. It will actively make weddings worse as it so buggy and removes base game wedding options. Outside of wedding it offers very little. The word is nice but it is all the pack offers at this time I have never issued an F to any sim pack before but honestly this pack deserves it. It is extremely one dimensional and that dimension is broken with tons and tons of bugs. If you use Mods it is much more playable with Carl's mod but still I would wait for official bug fixes which they have announced are coming. Then buy it if you want the world. That is the real selling point of this pack.