Author Topic: Prison Challenge? Warden You Like to Know!  (Read 10357 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Prison Challenge? Warden You Like to Know!
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
Its just a DNF for me this time too, time just disappeared somehow.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
Unfortunately I did not finish my scoring run.  I simply ran out of real life time.  I only arrested 1 prisoner, and they have not finished skilling yet.  So I guess I am DNF.  I just haven't had any time lately.  Things should be slowing down for me in April, so maybe I'll be able to do better for the next one.  I really liked this one though.  It was fun to build up a prison, and very different for me to have to keep track of my sims' schedule each day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2022, 04:31:01 PM »
Unfortunately I did not finish my scoring run.  I simply ran out of real life time.  I only arrested 1 prisoner, and they have not finished skilling yet.  So I guess I am DNF.

You still get 1 point for the Prisoners (1) category.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »
I just have 7 prisoners that are still on the premises.

1 x 7 = 7

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2022, 09:19:58 PM »
Unfortunately I did not finish my scoring run.  I simply ran out of real life time.  I only arrested 1 prisoner, and they have not finished skilling yet.  So I guess I am DNF.  I just haven't had any time lately.  Things should be slowing down for me in April, so maybe I'll be able to do better for the next one.  I really liked this one though.  It was fun to build up a prison, and very different for me to have to keep track of my sims' schedule each day.

Same here, except I got 2 prisoners in jail (no one finished skilling). It's my busy time at work and I just didn't manage to play this one through.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2022, 11:02:08 PM »
Didn't have a lot of time so this was a rushed one. Super fun though! Might have to try again just for fun.
7 prisoners still in prison  = 7 pts.
9 prisoners released and rehabilitated = 18 pts.
0 Sims released and rehabilitated had the Evil trait = 0 pts
Total = 25

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2022, 05:34:57 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Everyone is free to discuss their strategy. Grats to oshizu on her win.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2022, 01:12:28 PM »
This challenge took a long time to play because I spent so much time with the game paused.
After checking all the lots, i placed the prison on Inner Circle in Del Sol Valley. At $2,400, it seemed the cheapest 40x30 lot (I don't have the My Wedding Stories pack).
Next, I checked the skills of the premade townies and noted 14 desirable prisoners.  Ultimately, though, I only ran into six of them, lol.
On the other hand, my Warden ran into Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab everywhere. No surprise.
During the first week, I decided to combine one of the meal times each day with the outdoor period.
One of the prisoners either cooked a meal in the kitchen or used the BBQ in the outdoor yard.

The first three prisoners I tried to arrest lived in multi-sim households. Whenever the Warden went on the hunt, he tried to arrest one sim and find one more for later.
Even if the prison's full, he could still Ask to Join Household and check if the potential prisoner lived alone or not.

I'm not sure what else to say.  Here's a list of my prisoners in the order of their release:
Order of  Skills              Order of          Name               Remarks
Release                          Arrest
1   Fishing, Guitar             #1   Clayton Lester, Fisherman (Desert Bloom Park)
2   Fitness, Mixology         #4   Ukupanipo Hekekia, Bartender at The Sand Bar (I looked at what drinks he could mix to determine his Mixology skill).  Ukupanipo took lots of showers to hydrate.
3   Gardening, Painting     #2   Tyrone Rock, Gardener with the Evil trait (Desert Bloom Park)
4   Cooking, Violin             #5   Meilani Akane, Random townie
5   G. Cook, Charisma     #7   Kim Goldbloom, The Gnome's Arm after 7 pm
6   Herbalism,   Knitting     #6   Michael Bell, The Gnome's Arm             
7   Handiness, Comedy      #8   Akito Ota, Random townie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
8   Gardening, Logic   #10   Seth Abreu, another Gardener
9   Pipe Organ, Fitness   #14   Vlad Straud, he came visiting one night so I arrested him as soon as there was an opening. Evil trait
10   Video G, Programming  #3   Cameron Fletcher, this dude took FOREVER to max his skills.
11   Singing, Writing        #9   Megumi Ishii, rando
12   Cooking, Gardening     #12   Hana Imai, another Gardener
13   Wellness, Painting   #17   Nua Rua, my Warden brought a portable massage table to the park, hired a massage therapist, then arrested him. Massage therapists usually have Wellness 10.
14   Mischief, VampLore   #11   Nuihar Hauata, rando
15   Video G, Charisma   #15   Penny Pizzaz
16   Handiness, Program   #16   Shayne New, random townie
17   Gardening, Logic   #18   Dayton Schubert, yet another Gardener
18   Fitness, Handiness   #19   London Curtis, random townie
19   Writing, Comedy   #13   Diego Lobo, this sim had a hard time focusing on skilling. He was never "in the mood."

As for the 7 prisoners still jailed when the challenge ended, one was one skill level away from being released.
The other six were just arrested without any hope of redemption.
Initially, I'd planned to seek out premade townies with good skills (only met six) and service sims with one maxed skill.
My Warden ran into a lot of Gardeners but still ended up with six random townies.  Shayne New was a gem.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
This was a tough (but fun!) challenge and I think I'll do a variation on it again.

Initially, I'd planned to seek out premade townies with good skills (only met six) and service sims with one maxed skill.

I wasted a bunch of time trying to get specific townies, because I was worried about the money. After I let that go, it still took me quite a while to find townies who lived alone on public lots...then, once I actually get sims in the house, I gave them too much free time.  And then, I found out that there are certain skills that just don't skill up quickly (or I don't know how to skill them up quickly - gardening and programming took forever).

I also had the moment of frustration where you watch a sim with red energy and red bladder stand in a room with exactly two objects geared directly at solving those needs and decide that instead of the obvious, they're going to upgrade the bed until they have an accident and then pass out from exhaustion.  And then, when they come back to - they keep upgrading the ** bed instead of getting into it and going asleep. While you do nothing because they're in lockup.

OTOH, I learned that you can upgrade beds.

Still, I'd like to try this again knowing what I know now.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »
I focused mostly on:

a) The university professors. They have some very decent skill points in a variety of different skills and 2 of them have the evil trait. I made sure to do the two elders first as I didn't want to risk a death. As it was, Thomas only finished on the same day that I got the notification about his time running short (or whatever it says). Also I discovered the hard way that maxing robotics is a real pain and very slow (even when the sim starts at level 8!) and I probably should have made Serena do something else. That held us up a bit because I needed her done for her unique skills.

b) NPC gym trainers, mixologists and DJs. Gym trainers all had fitness 10 already and mixologists and DJ were either level 7 or 8 in their respective skills.

There were some other sims in there to fill out the 14 unique skills but once that was sorted it was just gym trainers, mixologists and DJs. I also discovered that barista and librarian npcs don't generally seem to start with anything useful (ie. above level 3) so they got to do whatever.

Since I normally really struggle with a full house of sims I deliberately chose to just have 4 or 5 prisoners most of the time. I also kind of stuffed up with my planning a bit because the former gym trainers often finished their rehabilitation way earlier than expected and then had to wait for another sim to be done before they could move out. Luckily prisoner #14 (a former mixologist) just managed to finish her second skill barely an hour before the finish time, thus allowing me release both her and prisoner #15, and have the warden just manage to fit in arresting one extra sim before 8am.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2022, 03:24:13 PM »
I focused mostly on:

a) The university professors. They have some very decent skill points in a variety of different skills and 2 of them have the evil trait. I made sure to do the two elders first as I didn't want to risk a death. As it was, Thomas only finished on the same day that I got the notification about his time running short (or whatever it says). Also I discovered the hard way that maxing robotics is a real pain and very slow (even when the sim starts at level 8!) and I probably should have made Serena do something else. That held us up a bit because I needed her done for her unique skills.

b) NPC gym trainers, mixologists and DJs. Gym trainers all had fitness 10 already and mixologists and DJ were either level 7 or 8 in their respective skills.

There were some other sims in there to fill out the 14 unique skills but once that was sorted it was just gym trainers, mixologists and DJs. I also discovered that barista and librarian npcs don't generally seem to start with anything useful (ie. above level 3) so they got to do whatever.

Since I normally really struggle with a full house of sims I deliberately chose to just have 4 or 5 prisoners most of the time. I also kind of stuffed up with my planning a bit because the former gym trainers often finished their rehabilitation way earlier than expected and then had to wait for another sim to be done before they could move out. Luckily prisoner #14 (a former mixologist) just managed to finish her second skill barely an hour before the finish time, thus allowing me release both her and prisoner #15, and have the warden just manage to fit in arresting one extra sim before 8am.
@jesslc
Great planning!  I also added the profs to my list of 14 desirables, but I could never run into any of them at Pepper's Pub.
Oh, DJs--what a smart idea!

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2022, 02:55:12 AM »
@oshizu
I sent my warden to meet the professors at Darby's Den and Larry's Lagoon. Both lots are open to the public - you don't have to be a student to go to them - so I assumed that they're considered community lots. (Was that wrong? If so, how do we define a community lot then?) In other games I've managed to encounter all the professors at either the pub or library in Britchester at various times but in the first practice attempt for this, I only managed to encounter Lana. So with time critical for the two elder professors, I started by going straight to Darby's Den instead.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2022, 07:21:00 PM »
@oshizu
I sent my warden to meet the professors at Darby's Den and Larry's Lagoon. Both lots are open to the public - you don't have to be a student to go to them - so I assumed that they're considered community lots. (Was that wrong? If so, how do we define a community lot then?) In other games I've managed to encounter all the professors at either the pub or library in Britchester at various times but in the first practice attempt for this, I only managed to encounter Lana. So with time critical for the two elder professors, I started by going straight to Darby's Den instead.
I was only asking because I usually ran into the profs at the pub, but never saw them there.
Yes, Darby's Den & Larry's Lagoon are absolutely community lots.  Haha, I just didn't think of it because I'd never seen them there before.
Great thinking!

anything