Author Topic: Hello, Total Building Nooboo Here!  (Read 1489 times)

Offline LydiaGhostlyDeetz

• Inner Goth
  • Nooboo
  • Love yourself!
Hello, Total Building Nooboo Here!
« on: January 17, 2022, 12:23:32 AM »
Are there any tips or shortcuts I should know before I really get into it? I've been building on Sims since Sims 2 but I never really poured any time into it. It has only been recently that I've been considering actually learning more about how to build.
"There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand." - Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus"

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Hello, Total Building Nooboo Here!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 03:38:47 AM »
YouTube videos!  There is so much to Build/Buy mode, I could tell you tons of things you already know and maybe a few you didn't, and probably a lot that you wouldn't understand unless you saw it demonstrated.  But, some basic things that everyone needs to know, but maybe don't:

You can change the size of things with the square bracket keys, [].  Or, if you aren't from the United States, whatever the next two keys are to the right of "P".
Hold alt while moving something, and you can place it anywhere, instead of it snapping to the grid.
The cheat "bb.moveobjects on" will let you put things wherever, even if the game doesn't like it.  Be sure to play test after using that, to make sure things still work!  Sometimes things will be inaccessible after using that.
bb.showhiddenobjects  shows various things that usually don't show up in BB.
bb.showliveeditobjects  shows even more things.  You need to use showhiddenobjects first.
bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement  will let you have access to things you normally have to earn, like career rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Hello, Total Building Nooboo Here!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:00:44 AM »
you know on the internet you can find youtube. i hope that helps. ty

anything