Author Topic: My Wedding Stories -- tips  (Read 4498 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
My Wedding Stories -- tips
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:31:39 AM »
You know how everyone has been complaining about the Sims 4 being too easy? I think the developers listened to us. There are some bugs, definitely, but also this is a complicated event to arrange. After 3 weddings, none with mods, all using the new pack, here are some strategies:

If you want to use the wedding venues that came with the pack, go into build/buy beforehand. You need to make sure there is only one wedding arch and one aisle in the venue. I would also suggest adding a kitchen counter in the dining area. My Sims' wedding cake didn't show up, and it might have been because there was nowhere to put it. Also, I didn't see a stereo anywhere in the venue I was using, so I added one.

You can't have a club gathering at a wedding venue, so the only way to make sure that everyone is dressed in formal clothing is to make all the guests and wedding party members of your household. You will have to change outfits for each of them. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, though, and have hopes that it will be fixed. Right now, if you check "Polished" for guests when planning the wedding, they still show up in everyday clothing.

About the cake:
1. Have the Sim who is planning the wedding purchase the cake just before going home.
2. At home, put the cake on the counter and select a topping for it.
3. Click on the cake and choose "Select as wedding cake." It will disappear and reappear at the wedding venue if there's a place for it.
4. Check your wedding plan. If the cake shows up on the same screen as the one showing the outfits, it should show up at the wedding.

About spoilage -- before the wedding starts, mouse over your cake and see how long it has. If it's only a few hours, go ahead and cut the cake first. This might be another bug that will be fixed. I did actually have success with a cake, but it was the $15 white one that my Sim made.

As several people have suggested, forming a group after the exchange of vows is the way to go. Use "go here as group" to take them to the champagne bucket for a toast and to get close to the stereo to dance.

I don't know how long it takes for the bride to throw her bouquet, but the command is on the bouquet. I got tired of waiting (and so did the hopeful Sims gathered behind my bride). Hopefully, this is another bug that will be fixed.

It might help to regard yourself as the director of a cast of thousands (or maybe some cats that need to be herded) rather than an audience of your Sims. All in all, I have been having fun with this, even with the one where some stray elder showing up at the wedding afterwards died.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: My Wedding Stories-- tips
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
Have you tried Piper to make everyone dress up in formal wear?  That's a reward from finishing Musical Genius.  Song of Sophistication will make everyone within earshot change into their Formal outfit, so I wonder if anyone has tried that for a wedding?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 05:36:29 PM »
Have you tried Piper to make everyone dress up in formal wear?  That's a reward from finishing Musical Genius.  Song of Sophistication will make everyone within earshot change into their Formal outfit, so I wonder if anyone has tried that for a wedding?

I did not know that. Thanks!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 04:18:54 AM »
You can use the ray gun if it is upgraded if one of the sims is in the science career as well.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 07:27:30 AM »
I love the idea of my bride toting her ray gun to change the clothing of her guests.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 07:57:19 AM »
Sometime you must do what you must. Shooting people who don't know how to dress for a wedding with a ray gun sometimes must happen.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My Wedding Stories -- tips
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »
In future someone in the household will have to become a scientist with an upgraded ray gun -- I'm thinking the mother of the bride.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 11:16:15 PM »
So the wardrobe issue isn't a bug it is cross pack integration. I am always for cross pack integration.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 05:46:45 PM »
@MarianT
Thanks for these incredibly helpful tips on throwing a wedding ceremony.
I've been a chicken about trying one but now feel confident to try a practice run!

I laughed at the ray gun suggestion. Unfortunately, my bride and groom just aged up to YAs, but it's a hilarious idea for future generations.
A must-have item in the bridal trousseau, if you will.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 09:54:05 AM »
Good news with the multiple patches and bug fixes the pack is usable without mods. It took them multiple tries but the bug level Is tolerable. Rau gun no longer required but still fun.