Author Topic: By Reference Paintings and Photos Marked As CC - By Design, Not Bug.  (Read 3514 times)

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
It's my understanding that you used to be able to upload paint by reference paintings to the gallery, that would not be marked as CC, with a work around that involved changing a setting in origin, that is no longer available. Has anyone figured out a way to do this without origin?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Has anyone uploaded non-cc paintings to the gallery without origin?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 12:55:30 AM »
I wasn't aware you had to do anything special?
I've gotten lots from the gallery that had paint from reference paintings, and the lot was not tagged as having CC.  Never tried uploading though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
Re: Has anyone uploaded non-cc paintings to the gallery without origin?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 03:14:42 AM »
I see where other people are doing it, but it marks mine as modded.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: By Reference Paintings and Photos Marked As CC - By Design, Not Bug.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 12:28:03 PM »
It sounds like Paintings and Photos By Reference, are by design supposed to get tagged as having CC.

[BY DESIGN] Sim's Paintings/Photos Tagged As Custom Content
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/BY-DESIGN-Sim-s-Paintings-Photos-Tagged-As-Custom-Content/td-p/9191014
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 01:29:56 PM »
Interesting.  I wonder what the workaround was?  Because right around Halloween 2021 I downloaded a house with an Addams Family theme.  It was FULL of paintings and cross stitches by reference, of various Addams Family artwork.  It was not flagged as having CC.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 01:43:38 PM »
I'm not sure what the work-around was. The issue seemed familiar to me, so I searched on it and found the thread I linked to that mentioned Paintings done by Reference are marked as CC.

If SpitVenom4 has any concerns, please ask about it on answers.ea to get confirmation.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 05:29:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I will try EA. If I find out anything Ill post it back here. I know there is a work around because other people are uploading them recently.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 01:16:12 AM »
OK, this is what I found over on EA. Before you upload the photo or painting to the gallery, you have to disable CC in options, restart the game, then upload to the gallery, and it won't be marked as CC.

Don't do this in a game where you use CC, Start a new Game, or it will remove the CC from your other lots!!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18034139#Comment_18034139

I'm not sure if I can post links here or not, but if it posts, the comment I'm referring to is the 5th one from the top and is by Admiral 8Q.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but even if it doesn't work for me, apparently it works for some people. I'll let you know how it works for me next time I play the game. I found other posts on the subject but they were a lot older.

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 01:24:51 AM »
MrsFlynn, I just read your comment again. I guess I only half read it the first time. You said you posted a link, but I dont see it. Sorry, I'm a boomer. It's probably right in front of my face.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 08:15:27 AM »
No problem, It was hiding in post #3 of this thread. lol

But it sounds like you've been able to find a work-around!! :)  Thank you for posting it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 10:29:49 AM »
Wow, so for that creator to get that Addams Family house uploaded without being marked as having CC took a lot of steps.  They would have had to get images, turn them into CC wall art, paint by reference of each, remove the oil painting filter, then... I'm guessing, save them all in a room.  Exit and deactivate mods, add the room to the build, and then, finally, place them around the house.

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 11:49:38 PM »
LOL, that's nothing, the old workaround involved something like 8 very complicated steps (speaking from YouTube videos I've watched). One of the steps was to make the painting as a regular cc item, hang it on the outside of a building, put your sim on the lot next door on a platform at a certain height in a certain spot, then paint by reference. Plus you had to change things in your origin settings to legacy, and just all sorts of craziness. Thats just the part I happen to remember.

Its such a cool feature, I just wish it could be easier somehow. I just want to upload some baby potato pics, lol. I think they are neat because everyones potato looks the same, so anyone can use them as their own baby potato pic, lol. I'll post some images, they can be found on my gallery page (as cc).

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 11:57:12 PM »
Baby potatos

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2023, 12:31:26 AM »
I also have these that are just strait up CC, But I could always have my Photo Joe Sim paint them. Some are really cute.

anything