Author Topic: Sims stuck at work + won't get promoted (Mod Related Issue)  (Read 2494 times)

Offline hunterisnearme

• Nooboo
Sims stuck at work + won't get promoted (Mod Related Issue)
« on: November 22, 2021, 06:14:18 PM »
Hi! I literally made this brand new account because I am having a bit of a crisis over here trying to search high and low about this situation. I have seen numerous forum posts about this bug, but I believe my game is entirely bugged. As of late, my sims have been doing the "stuck at work bug" where they leave to work, but come back home but the game still says they're still at work despite being at home. On top of it, they're still doing their stuff and taking care of themselves but the issue here is that they aren't getting promoted in anyway. I did the quick fix in changing their outfits since that was one of the solutions, but even using that fix didn't help me receive anything- even their pay. I've cleaned out my mods as well since it's been a hot minute since I've last played the game, so I thought that maybe the mods were causing the issue, but it seems to be the game itself that's causing this. Again I have no idea if this is just a thing I'll have to get used to or hard reset my game entirely, because since my sims aren't really getting paid or promoted to anything it feels like a huge chunk of the gameplay is kind of blocked because of this bug lol.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims stuck at work + won't get promoted (Mod Related Issue)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 06:34:37 PM »
There's a few other tips you might try if you haven't already, please forgive the repeated tips.

1. Reset Sim or household

Sims 4 - Reset Sim; Reset a Household and/or Evict Household
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29271.msg401667#msg401667

2. Have the Family travel somewhere.

Travel to visit other sims from different worlds
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29706.msg478291#msg478291

3. Clear the game cache - Delete the localthumbscache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.

Sims 4 - Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

4. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library tab: Right-click on Sims 4 or Sims 3 and select Repair.

5. Quit the job and rejoin. This may make your Sim join at a lower job level, but it's worth a try if you're seriously stuck.  Do this with a copy of your current save as a test.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hunterisnearme

• Nooboo
Re: Sims stuck at work + won't get promoted (Mod Related Issue)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 07:45:03 PM »
Oh wow, I discovered the issue.

So it was in fact a mod I had, however for some reason Sims considered it still in the files which it wasn't, so I had to not only delete the cache but I had to repair it as well to make sure the mod is 100% not on the list of active mods. Thank you so much for this, I didn't think I'd stumble upon something like this before! :'D