Author Topic: Joining the secret society help  (Read 2473 times)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Joining the secret society help
« on: October 19, 2021, 01:32:24 PM »
Content note: spoilers re secret society

I followed Carl's guide about joining the secret society but something doesn't seem to be working right. This is the first time I've tried it but I've tried it twice in a row now and still haven't been able to join - am I missing something?

My sim gave the statue an offering of excellent quality cookies. He got a special buff - surreal focus, I think. It says something about my sim has an idea that something special might happen soon.

After going to sleep at night 2 sims in the secret society robes show up at my home lot. But my sim can't interact with them at all and I don't get any pop up that asks if I want to join.

The first time one of the robed sims came and stood next to the bed (it's a most-furniture-outside-on-the-grass tiny house). I slowed time back to normal and tried clicking on her multiple times but he couldn't interact with her at all. After a bit they both left again. The second time, 2 robed sims just turned up on the sidewalk, stood there for a bit and then left.

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Joining the secret society help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 02:38:09 PM »
You did wake your sim up so they could interact with you, right?  Otherwise, yeah this is the point where they're supposed to ask you if you want to join.
I tried it once.  I hated it.  Maybe if there was more to it than just trying to appease the annoying glowing butterflies...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 04:09:06 AM »
My sim woke up the first time they turned up. But he couldn't interact with them at all (clicking on the robed sim didn't bring up any options for interacting). He ended up going to the bathroom and then back to bed.

Am I supposed to do something to get pop up about it like the picture in the guide?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 10:42:35 AM »
The issue made me curious to look into seeing if it's a bug or not. It looks like there's 3 semi-current threads on this.

Can't join secret society
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-join-secret-society/td-p/8538085

[OPEN] [DU] No Secret Society members appearing
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-No-Secret-Society-members-appearing/td-p/8457952

Discover university, secret society bug
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Discover-university-secret-society-bug/td-p/8431592

I don't know if any of the information will help, but wanted to pass it along anyway.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *