Author Topic: Sims 4 Save Folder  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Petrichoran

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Save Folder
« on: September 18, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
Hi! I’ve been using Carl’s Sims Guides since I was a child (I’m now 23) but have never posted before and can’t for the life of me find exactly what I’m looking for in regards to this issue.

Basically, I have a huge sims 4 save file folder, it’s 26.58GB. Now I have a ton of custom content, and a ton of active households (I think totalling like 60 sims, not the 75 limit) and am on the third generation of multiple families throughout the worlds on the save file. I have a few other save files with just one household that I rarely play but want to keep on the game.
I’ve read that files ending with .ver1 .ver2 etc are safe to delete. Seeing as I have hundreds of these files (the latest one I think is called Slot_000000002.save 754.ver1) (so 753 variations of this file) it is taking up a huge amount of space on my computer and I feel as though I ought to be cleaning this folder somehow, but I’m terrified of messing up my main save file. What can I delete safely to reduce the folder size? Is that even possible?
Thanks a lot!
Petrichoran

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Save Folder
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 09:41:10 PM »
Sounds like you've got a decent plan to reduce the folder size. In deleting files ending with .ver1 .ver2 etc are safe to delete.

Technically, you only need the .save (main save) file.

If you're nervous to clean out the folder, copy the saves folder or even your whole Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Right-click the Sims 4 folder, select Copy and paste it to the desktop. This can be deleted once everything is cleaned up to your liking.

Then back in your saves folder -
-- \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

Delete all .ver1, .ver2 type of files. Keep the main .save files you have.

If you'd like to learn more about Sims 4 User Files, please see Crinrict's article linked below:

Sims 4 User files explained
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Petrichoran

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 10:58:39 PM »
Thank you so much, I just wanted to double check! I loaded up my game after selecting the right files to keep and moving all the rest to a folder on my desktop, everything's working fine and I've just cleared out 26 GB of storage!? I want to weep with joy. thank you so much for your quick response and help!!  :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 11:45:38 PM »
You're welcome!! Congrats on gaining back all that space!!

Now don't go filling it up with even more custom content and mods. lol ;)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *