Author Topic: Cooling recommendations?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline NikkiXoLynn

• Nooboo
Cooling recommendations?
« on: July 23, 2021, 06:08:07 AM »
Hi! I bought an Omen 15 gaming laptop. Seems to match your specs you recommend (just googled “best laptop for gaming 2021 and bought the top one on the list). I’m buying a cooling pad but I’d like to know for reference, what’s the temp the laptop should be while playing? Like what’s too hot?  And is there anything else I should be buying/doing to keep it cool/happy? I plan to use it for many games, not just Sims. Idk if that matters. The fan runs even when it’s asleep and charging. I looked that part up and I guess it’s a known “issue” like an annoyance but supposedly not an actual issue for the laptop. It’s just noisy. Weird for any device to think it needs a fan while asleep but whatever.

Also, I had it plugged in and was playing for 2-3 hours (it dies quickly for a new laptop). I went to move the block portion of the charging cord to go to bed and it was so hot that I had to drop it to avoid burning my hand and it still left a temporary pink mark. Is that normal for when you have it charging while playing? I worry that it’s too hot! Is there something I can do to cool it down?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cooling recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
Good idea to buy a cooling mat. I'm not entirely sure what the temp should be while playing. However, you could search on a PC Temperature Monitor App or How to check your PC's CPU temperature.

I am not sure what to do to cool down the power brick. You might try placing it on a table with a fan in front of it to help keep it cooler. Don't touch the power brick while plugged in and the laptop is turned on.

If you need to move the power brick, turn off the laptop and unplug it. Let the power brick sit for awhile so it cools down to the touch. Then move it.

If you'd like to get a 2nd opinion or more information, please post about the issue over at AHQ Sims 4 Tech Help Board.

AHQ's Sims Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Sign in with your EA account, click the New Topic button, up near the top of the board, to make a new post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything