Author Topic: Game won't open, even though nothing is wrong with CC  (Read 1543 times)

Offline enjoythepie

• Nooboo
Game won't open, even though nothing is wrong with CC
« on: June 25, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
I've run into a bit of a strange issue with the game, surrounding CC. Sometimes when I try to start it, it will tell me there's something wrong and to remove CC if I use it. The first time this happened I ran through all of my CC bit by bit to try and find the problem, and was able to put it all back into the mod folder (after removing it) without issue.

I've since found that the problem is not with the CC itself, but with subfolders within the mods folder. The game will refuse to open if I have too many folders - or even files - within the main mods folder. This didn't used to be an issue and I like to have my mods organized. If I stick one folder into another folder the game opens again, and as time goes on, I keep needing to reduce the amount of folders in my main folder in order for the game to open.

Initially, updating my graphics driver solved the problem and I was able to go back to my usual organization method, but have since encountered the problem again, and every other time I try to open the game I have to reduce the folders in the main folder.

There's 0 issue with any of the actual CC, or even the amount of CC.

As an example, if I have 5 subfolders within the mods folder, and the game doesn't open, I have to stick one in the other so that I only have 4. The game will open fine. If I try to add a new folder - even if it's completely empty - the game will once again refuse to open. The issue seems to remain for files as well, as if I have mods directly in the mods folder and not a subfolder, the game will refuse to open until I stick them in a subfolder.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and do you know how to fix it? I have a fear that one day even one folder within the mods folder will cause the game to refuse to open, and again, since it doesn't like having too many files in the main folder either, simply not having subfolders isn't an option.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game won't open, even though nothing is wrong with CC
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 08:35:17 PM »
I think I might be able to help with this... 

It sounds like you may need to edit the Resorce.cfg file to see more than the original 4 folders.

** Please make a backup of your current Resorce.cfg file before trying this.

----

Adding Subfolders to Your Resource.cfg file:

For each new subfolder you want to add copy the last packed file line in Resource.cfg and a a /* to the line just before /*.package.

For example:
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

And then add a /* like so

PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*/*.package

Copy this back to your Resource.cfg file just under the last line in the group. This will allow the file to see one more folder deeper.

Here's an example photo: (Click to see larger view)

If this doesn't help you may try asking over at the official forum, in the modding board.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything