Author Topic: Do Adult Sims have a harder time losing weight than Young Adult Sims?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
In the past,When i was playing only the base game of The Sims 3 not DLCs. My Adult Sim Johnny Jones had a weight problem all his life even when he was a Child.  As a Teen he had a weight problem. When he was a Young Adult it was easier for him to lose weight. He managed to lose weight he was not a Adult, yet he was not Middle Age yet. 

Since the Adult life stage represents Middle Age does that mean Adult Sims have a harder time losing weight than Young Adult Sims?

When Johnny Jones became an Adult he tried to lose weight it was difficult. He had a hard time even jogging didn't make him lose weight. He was very unsuccessful although he managed to lose weight in the end. Metabolism doesn't work that way in real life for people who are in mid life.  Maybe the fast metabolism lifetime wish only really works for Young Adult Sims. For Adult Sims it doesn't really work since their metabolism slows down in the Adult life stage. 

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Do Adult Sims have a harder time losing weight than Young Adult Sims?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »
I'm not sure metabolism or losing weight works in sims anything like real life! lol

And I don't think jogging does much for their physique at all, but I don't have my sims do much of it so can't say for certain on that point.

But I had a female sim who took after her much heavier father than her skinny mother, and she didn't have much luck losing weight or slimming down as a young adult.

Of course she was busy having five children, so I'll give her a break having to get rid of all that 'baby' weight. :)

But her perseverance paid off with working out to the radio when she was an adult, and she kept the weight off for quite some time, even into her elder years.

In fact, she outlived her husband, who was athletic and working out all the time, living to be 135 days old, when my lifespan is set to normal with a total of 100 days!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:09 AM »
If a Sim becomes overweight, don't worry. Without doing anything, they will revert back to their normal weight over time.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline simsguide1

• Nooboo
  • I love playing Sims!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 10:09:09 AM »
Hey, I agree with you guys. As far as being overweight and losing weight in Sims, it's not like in real life. That means, a Sim doesn't have to go jogging to lose weight. After some time the weight reduces again and the sim looks like before.
Best regards :)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 11:38:37 AM »
The Adult Life stage is the big milestone, Adult Sims are halfway through their lifespan.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 03:51:58 AM »
I have had dozens of Sims lose weight when they use the treadmill but regain in a fairly short space of time when they're no longer working out. Similarly I have done almost everything I could to put some weight on Blair Wainwright but to no avail. She will gain muscle tone for a short time but not weight, even if you overfeed her.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline mysims209

• Nooboo
Hi, I do have to agree with you guys.  :) I had the same issue as soon as we hit adulthood!
However, it did help when we committed to some exercises and burned some calories.
It was not quite as successful as I thought it would be. But in the end we did manage to stay around a lower body weight.
So maybe a little bit of training is not too harmful - just like in real life ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
If my sims in the sims 3 have been young adults for 17 sim weeks, They are still young around, but not so young around late 30s at least once they get into the 20th week, they are offically middle age

Offline Simsanna

• Nooboo
Would be interesting if Sims really had a realistic metabolism. I'd love that!!!

anything