Author Topic: My game is super laggy  (Read 8699 times)

Offline leahmatt

• Nooboo
My game is super laggy
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
Everything was running pretty much smoothly until I updated my laptop. Now it's just super laggy and when I click on a sim to do a social interaction it takes 5 seconds for the options to show up. And, panning and rotating is super laggy. I tried to put my graphics to low because they were on ultra, but it barely helped. My laptop is a couple years old, so that might be the problem. But it has never done this before.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My game is super laggy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »
You haven't mentioned what you've tried to troubleshoot the issue, so please forgive any repeated tips.

Here are a couple of tips to try:

1.  Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

2. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key, for safe keeping.

If you would like to read up on more tips, please see the post linked below:

Relieve Freezing and/or Game Lag
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29313.msg426179#msg426179

If none of these tips help, please feel free to post about your issue at EA's Answers AHQ's Sims 4 Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
Have you updated your drivers when you updated lap top? I would try that. Driver issues can cause the issues you are having. If the drivers are current, next step is to repair the game as MrsFlynn advised, also delete the localthumbcache.package. The localthumbcashe is likely not the issue but it is a cause of so many issues it should deleted any time you update the game , repair the game, add, remove, or update a mod or CC, think about it, update your device, update your drivers or anything like that. You will be surprised how often that fixes the game.

Offline leahmatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 10:54:32 PM »
What driver updater should I use? I don't want to potentially get a virus on this laptop.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 10:59:28 PM »
This EA Help page has some helpful information about updating Drivers

Finding and Updating Drivers / Troubleshooting graphics (HowTo)
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

If the above doesn't help, you may need to search for your computer's manufacturer and it's graphics card maker - (Nvidia or AMD).
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Reekyteek

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 04:48:04 AM »
Also the size and complexity of your lot may have something to do with it. I recently built a huge lot with a lot of items in it. My game runs smoothly usually but when I have that specific lot loaded then my game lags a lot.

Offline leahmatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 05:03:49 PM »
Thank you everybody for all of your suggestions. I fixed all the problems I was having. turns out I jsut didn't install the update correctly. It is all good now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WillBrookes147

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »
What driver updater should I use? I don't want to potentially get a virus on this laptop.

You don't have to use an updater if you're scared. You can do it manually
Go to control panel
Click on system
There should be a button on the left of the screen saying 'device manager'
Allow changes and yada yada
Then just click your way through and update

Offline Daniela Ludena

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 06:31:09 AM »
Maybe you can close things in the backyard,
improve your internet connection
or even take a test under the load on your laptop. That should help.

Daniele

anything