Author Topic: Moving household to a new world?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Madi

• Nooboo
Moving household to a new world?
« on: January 17, 2021, 01:48:28 AM »
After months of playing on the same save file I've decided to finally move my family into a new town. My world is just has a lot of bugs, and is way too large where I can't even play 30 minutes without having to save, because some sorta error message pops up.

But I've put a lot of time and work into this world and would hate to leave it behind. For example I've built a lot of lots and houses for my sims. As well as made custom sims for possible suitors, or friends.
I know its easy to move your household to a new world, but what about those not in the household?
Family members who have moved out, boyfriends or close friends to my sims. As well as their houses (which take me hours to build and I would hate to leave them)

If I save these other sims to my bin in edit town, will their relationships, skills, etc all be saved? I would hate to have to start over with relationships and such.

It's utterly impossible to play in the world I have rn, so any tips on how to avoid this in the future would be great! Would hate to have to move a 3rd next a few months down the line.

P.S - Would also like some suggests for what town I should move into!! I have all the expansion packs and all the world's from the sims 3 store. They lived in Hidden Springs before, I'm doing a family/generation themed gameplay so a world that fits with that is ideal.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving household to a new world?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:37 AM »
When you save your household to library, it does not save relationships status with friends or family outside of household.

There is a way to do that with a mod, but I am not sure which mod that does that.

Hmm.. Porter might be the one that can do that - Read more about Nraas Mods with the link below:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9198.msg185578#msg185578

You can save your Sims and lots to the library and add them to a new save. See the how-tos below.

Sims 3 - How To: Save a Household to Library or to Export
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

Sims 3 - How To: Save a House/Community Lot to the Library or to Export
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Madi

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:18:22 PM »
hmm okay I'll try messing around with Porter, and see what I can accomplish. I suppose I could try messing around with the town too and see if there's anyway I can downgrade it and reduce the size of it.

Maybe I'll try deleting some families from the world, is there any other troubleshooting I could try to help reduce the size of the world?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 12:17:30 AM »
I'm not sure I can help with trying to reducing the size of the world. The longer you play the larger the file size becomes.

Though using Save As, give the save file a similar name helps. It also helps so you have a save file to go back to if needed.

You might consider adding mods such as Nraas Error Trap, Overwatch and MasterController, if you're comfortable with using mods.

A brief description of Twallan's\Nraas Mods
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9198.msg185578#msg185578

These mods help with reducing issues. MasterController can help reset town and has various interactions to help alter town population.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *