Author Topic: Cannot turn on my mods  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Cannot turn on my mods
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
I read about this issue in the forums and tried their suggestions, but I still cannot turn my mods on at start up, keeps shutting off.  I have tried everything, except starting over.  They say it does not have anything to do with one specific mod, but I am not too sure about that.  I really hate to start a game without mods and cc, my sims will be bald and nude, lol. I even restarted my computer.  Was hoping someone else had a suggestion.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cannot turn on my mods
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 03:22:24 PM »
I have not seen the forum thread about the problem you mentioned.

What about making a copy of your current game, then use that copy save to test which of your mods/cc is broken?
If your sims' hair & clothing would be affected just by loading another save in the same folder, you could start a new The Sims 4 folder, paste your copy save there, then test it.
Just a thought.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 10:06:37 AM »
Looking over at AHQ, a thread reminded me of this, so I thought I'd pass it along.

It's been reported that the Anti-Virus is blocking the Sims 4 Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

Try the steps in the first post in the thread linked below:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
I did out the problem.  The version numbers did not match. There was a higher number on the front game screen and I went to the folder in the Sims4 and looked at that number.  They did not match, so I changed the number in the folder to match and it worked.  I guess I should have left a post on here.  That was easy.  Hope it helps someone else.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything