Author Topic: 2020 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 28135 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »
Is there a rule about what lots we can or cannot place in world. Is there a limit on the number of spas we place for example.

Rachel

You would only place community lots in your challenge world if a given lot was missing. As far as a rule on the number of lots there isn't one specifically. But, once you'd place one spa then it would no longer be missing.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2020, 09:49:19 PM »
I am going to assume we cannot add things to pre existing lots especially things that would not realistically be there. Say a random rocket ship in a park for example.

That was a joke by the way I know that life would not be that easy  :) ;)
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
I am going to assume we cannot add things to pre existing lots especially things that would not realistically be there. Say a random rocket ship in a park for example.

That was a joke by the way I know that life would not be that easy  :) ;)

Lol - a random rocket ship. ;) But, seriously, you CAN place items on non-home lots, but the catch is they must be able to fit in your inventory.

Editing Non-Home Lots. Personal inventory items can be placed on a non-home lot, but this is the only allowed editing of non-home lots.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:21 AM »
I have only done a couple of challenges in the past and am hoping to jump back in this year... Do I remember that the plumbob-shaped "mood lamps" were banned from challenges in the past? The ones that increase your inspiration or energize or whatever? I don't see anything in the rules about it this year.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »
I have only done a couple of challenges in the past and am hoping to jump back in this year... Do I remember that the plumbob-shaped "mood lamps" were banned from challenges in the past? The ones that increase your inspiration or energize or whatever? I don't see anything in the rules about it this year.

They were previously, but are no longer banned.  Feel free to use them.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 10:11:08 AM »

They were previously, but are no longer banned.  Feel free to use them.

Yayyy! Thank you for such a quick response to my question!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 01:30:40 PM »
New Team Member

I want to welcome the newest Challenge Team member, Teresa. Teresa has been a Carl's Sims 3 & 4  forumer since 2009. She has participated in the Challenge Tournament for years, has completed multiple Dynasties, and on top of all this experience, she is an Admin at Boolprop and has her own Sims blog where she talks about all kinds of Sims challenge stuff.

As I told Teresa this morning, my gut tells me that 2021 will be the last Sims 4 Challenge Tournament, so I want it to be special, and I think Teresa's experience will be most welcome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »
Congratulations, Teresa!

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 07:08:04 AM »
Yay @Teresa - Congrats!

my gut tells me that 2021 will be the last Sims 4 Challenge Tournament
This makes me sad  :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »

Well, the team will just play it by ear in how to handle next year and beyond. My initial thoughts depending on two scenarios:

1 -- Sims 5 is announced next spring and is scheduled for a fall release. In this case, 2021 Sims 4 events would be shortened to get plenty of events in for you guys and we'd wrap up earlier than usual.

2 -- Sims 5 is announced next summer and is scheduled for a late 2021/early 2022 release. Business as usual for a Sims 4 tournament next year, but if Sims 5 is scheduled to release only a few months after the 2021 Finale, then the team would not start a 2022 Sims 4 Tournament. We would take a few months off and once we would get comfortable with the new game we would offer up the first Sims 5 Tournament.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 12:12:37 PM »
Congratulations @Teresa I can honestly say from experience that the challenge team is super lovely and amazing to work with. 

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 04:51:49 AM »

Well, the team will just play it by ear in how to handle next year and beyond. My initial thoughts depending on two scenarios:

1 -- Sims 5 is announced next spring and is scheduled for a fall release. In this case, 2021 Sims 4 events would be shortened to get plenty of events in for you guys and we'd wrap up earlier than usual.

2 -- Sims 5 is announced next summer and is scheduled for a late 2021/early 2022 release. Business as usual for a Sims 4 tournament next year, but if Sims 5 is scheduled to release only a few months after the 2021 Finale, then the team would not start a 2022 Sims 4 Tournament. We would take a few months off and once we would get comfortable with the new game we would offer up the first Sims 5 Tournament.

Gotcha! This makes me happy  ;D
Clearly I haven't been paying attention to the gaming world - I actually had no idea Sims 5 was that close  :o

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2020, 09:02:52 PM »
Minor changes for 2021

Given how long the Challenge Tournament has been running (the 12th season starts on Jan 1), we occasionally try and change things up now and then for some variety — changing how long events are live, changing life span lengths, etc. This coming season will see a couple of minor changes. Events will begin on Fridays but still encompass three weekends, so they'll be slightly shorter — 17 days instead of 21. I will post rule sets one week before an event goes live. So, I'll post 2021's first event on Christmas Day, and the event will go live one week later.

I hope everyone is staying safe.

Happy Holidays and we'll see you on the leaderboard soon.

anything