Author Topic: "Builder" Players are gonna go nuts  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
"Builder" Players are gonna go nuts
« on: May 20, 2021, 01:03:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvGI0HoFP8

Personally, I don't care about this new career, but, I bet "Builder" type players are going to love it.  The new BB stuff looks interesting.
In the comments, someone pointed out something funny:  Narrator describes the Pancakes as "having a healthy relationship," and then they give them seperate beds...

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: "Builder" Players are gonna go nuts
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 12:58:49 AM »
Honestly this pack looks underwhelming to me. Only one career as the only gameplay in a game pack? Sounds shallow. Our last stuff pack had more features then announced for this game pack. I was hoping for game play. It looks like I will not be getting that this time. It is OK, not every pack needs to be for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 08:38:00 AM »
(Excited builder squeal)

I loved the interior designer career in the sims 3, so hopefully EA does a good job with it in the sims 4. Although, knowing EA, at least one corner will be cut.
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 01:19:13 PM »
I hope they change some of the stuff you can't do, simply because you can't-- like changing the elevation of one part of your build.  I've always wanted to recreate my grandmother's house from when I was a kid, it was a 2-story split level.  Looking at the house from the street, on the left half was the garage, utility room, and Florida room at ground level, with the bedrooms above the garage and utility room.  In the right half, a basement, a level with the kitchen, dining room, and living room, and an attic above that.  Short staircases connected each of these- from the utility room, it was about 5 feet down to the basement or 5 feet up to the kitchen, from the living room it was about 6 feet up to the upstairs hall, from the hall about 5 feet up to the attic.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:35:09 PM »
This does look interesting.  And a fun bit for me, it releases on my birthday.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 06:51:16 PM »
This does look interesting.  And a fun bit for me, it releases on my birthday.

Happy early birthday!
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »
I'm not a builder, but I absolutely loved the interior design element to the pack, watching the replay of the livestream without sound, I appreciated the pack and got excited for it to come out.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 05:26:56 AM »
I am not much of a builder, but I am greatly anticipating this.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »
I am glad I am in the minority opinion. I keep looking for something deeper. I don't know. I guess after getting so up about so many packs an being disappointed so often, I am a bit jaded. I am going to get the pack as my sister-in-law who shares the account is wanting it. She isn't a builder at all so I am wondering why. It seems the game play is building, in game. I read on the forums this one and others about self proclaimed non-builders are excited about this pack. For those non-builders that are excited what excites you about the pack? I just don't see any game play other than building as a career. I am just wondering.

I am not down on the pack, just not at all excited. I am down on the sims as a whole bugs have ruined the last few things i wanted to do. But at this point I have given up on bug free play Maybe this pack will reignite my inner builder spark. I know playing with the likes and dislikes has kind of made excited. So far it has made me start playing after a short absence. That feature was so needed.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 10:35:57 AM »
I don't know if people see me as a builder, but I have no interest in building as a sim career. I love some of the items. The kitchen, the chaise longue. But that's to build my own house, not Johnny Zest's.

I replay the rabbit hole careers all the time for unlockable items, but that's not quite the same time sink as doing this career. Like... what's the carrot? What amazing trait, what amazing ability, what item do I need my 10 gen Landgraab save to have such that I must do the career. Paranormal added the magic candy jar, and that's a must-have in any save for me now. The grind for the Home Decorator has to be worth it. When I build a sim home, it's not for it's own sake. It's a house I get to use and enjoy when I'm done. That's not the case with renovating Vlad's kitchen. So if I'm going to spend time building a house I don't use... why?

Still, as a stuff pack, the items look incredible.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 06:20:26 PM »
@Heart Foam Sadly this isn't a stuff pack, it is a game pack. One career is the only game play that comes with the pack. It looks so shallow for non builders. That is why I don't get the appeal. The last few stuff packs seems to have more game play than this pack. The build items do look amazing though.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 06:40:06 PM »
Well, exactly. I know it's a game pack, that's implied. As a stuff pack the items look incredible, but the problem is that it's not a stuff pack.

If there's a good in-game incentive to complete the career, that changes it.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2021, 08:15:30 AM »
@Heart Foam Then we are in agreement. This looks like a great stuff pack, but it isn't stuff pack, and as a game pack well one career as the only game play feature with limited incentive to complete other than the joy of building seems lacking.

Hopefully it is more thought out and tested than Bust the Dust, or as I think of kit as bust the game. I can't take anther totally unplaytested pack with both more balance issues and more bugs than features. So maybe by keeping this pack small they had time to actually playtest the pack for more than 5 minutes unlike Bust the Dust? That is the hope I have.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2021, 11:33:51 PM »
So I don't have any of the kits yet and have most of the packs, I'm interested in this new pack for the interior design stuff, going off of the livestream alone, I like the potential possibilities with the likes/dislikes, that guide you in a way on how to change up a room, it's like you have a template for possibilities instead of just an empty lot that you have no idea what to do with.

the few times I get a pre-set lot from the catalogue, I end up changing a number of the rooms, to suit the household I am using, and I even go around and change the houses of he npc's as when my sims go visit the npc's, I just see dysfunctional places that annoy me until I change them.. so if I can make it a career out of it, that is awesome to me.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax