Author Topic: Sims 4 Files is really Wonky  (Read 2568 times)

Offline spagbolsuccy

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Files is really Wonky
« on: November 01, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »
The other day my laptop ran out of space so I uninstalled The Sims 4 and re-installed it on an external hard-drive. Ready to put all my mods in the game files, I opened them to be shocked that they were messed up, and not just a bit messed up, any basic file that would be in the normal version (e.g. Tray, Saves, Mods) was not in there. Instead there was a bunch of files that had letters and weird numbers. After a bit of researching, I discovered that these files were my DLC. There were a couple of other files and one was named 'Game'. I thought that this would have my files in it but it didn't. I searched the whole folder and couldn't find Anything. Not even the Tray folder.

The games plays fine its just infuriating that I cant download my mods. Any help would be appreciated. 

P.S I also attached some photos of what the files look like.

oop.jpg
oop.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Files is really Wonky
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 01:55:34 AM »
Normally the game gets installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

You're most likely looking in the wrong folder for your user files. The Sims 4 folder is normally located in:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

After a game has been started.

Did you start the game so it can create a Sims 4 folder in your Documents folder?

Though it can be manually moved. If it is not there, you may need to search for it to find out where it was moved to.

In the Sims 4 folder is where you can find folders such as Mods, Saves and Tray folders. Once you find out where your Sims 4 folder is located you can then move your files into their appropriate folders.

-----
Reference Link:

My Sims User Folder or Install Files are Missing?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29315.msg431335#msg431335
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything