Author Topic: Screenshot quality in story threads?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Screenshot quality in story threads?
« on: December 23, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm looking to start a new dynasty, but I had a problem with screenshot quality in my last story. Whether it's jpg or png, the quality is not great. The pic looks crystal clear on my laptop (when looked at directly from the EA Screenshots folder), but when I actually attach images in a thread, the quality drops. Has anybody else had this issue, and does anyone have any tips?

Example -

Compare that to the pictures in this dynasty story (would highly recommend, by the way!).
The Swift Power of 10 Dynasty: Taylor Swift (IN PROGRESS - GEN 1)
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Screenshot quality in story threads?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 09:06:39 PM »
Hi elliana,

One thing we have to remember with pictures, each player has a different setup. Graphic cards/chipsets are different which will make a huge difference in quality. With that being said, do you know off hand what your graphics cards are?

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:02:29 PM »
One thing we have to remember with pictures, each player has a different setup. Graphic cards/chipsets are different which will make a huge difference in quality. With that being said, do you know off hand what your graphics cards are?

Good point. I have a MacBook Pro (early 2015) with Intel iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB (according to my Mac). Does that mean anything to you?
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 01:15:32 PM »
I'm not too familiar with Mac, but what are your graphic settings for the games? I also found this video on youtube for that year Macbook and graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2I0GNT-koY

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
My graphics settings were at low medium. Maybe that's why. Here's a screenshot at low medium graphics:

And at medium graphics:

And at high graphics:

So I don't think it's my graphics settings. I think it has something to do with posting to the forum, because the screenshots look crystal-clear on my laptop. Any advice?

Edit: trying with Imgur:

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »
I'm not seeing anything wrong with the medium graphics or the high graphics one? They both look fine to me. The first one posted (low-med graphics) looks a little fuzzy to me.

If you feel it's something within the attachment system used here on the forum, you could upload a few test screenshots to imgur and share the .jpg link to see if that makes a difference.

How-To: Use Imgur.com
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30847.0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 01:11:50 PM »
If you feel it's something within the attachment system used here on the forum, you could upload a few test screenshots to imgur and share the .jpg link to see if that makes a difference.

How-To: Use Imgur.com
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30847.0

I edited my above post to try with Imgur and it works incredibly! Thank you so much for your help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »
Looks good other than the screenshots need to be in .jpg format.

Preferred Photo Size and Format to Share with Forum:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22892.msg403211#post_Size

I'm not a Mac User, but if I understand correctly there should be a photo editor built into Mac's operating software.

How to Edit Photos on Mac Using Photos
https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/editing-basics-pht304c2ace6/mac
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *