Author Topic: Distinguished degree combined with normal  (Read 2341 times)

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
Distinguished degree combined with normal
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:53:52 AM »
I recently bought discover university and am still playing through my first student sim  I started a normal degree (just created a sim to try it and enrolled without any skill prep) and switched to the distinguished degree with the skills gained in first semester. Has anyone tested how late you can switch to the distinguished degree to get the bonuses associated (in terms of career bonuses)? I'm mostly just curious if the system mixes the two levels together or picks one over the other.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Distinguished degree combined with normal
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:02 AM »
Well, I can tell you that you get a Distinguished degree if your credits are mixed 6 and 6.  I think it may simply depend on which program you were in when you graduated, but I don't know. 
Now I want to try it lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:08:31 AM »
Ok, since I wanted to know the answer too, I tried it.  So, it turns out that as long as you're in a distinguished program when you graduate, you get the distinguished degree.  My sim earned 11 credits in regular Fine Arts at Foxbury, and for her final term, transferred to Britechester and took one class in Fine Arts.  She got her distinguished degree, and got a job as a musician at level 8 to start.
Just remember that you have to stay in the same major, or you'll lose progress.  If she had chosen a different major, she would have needed 7 credits to graduate instead of just 1.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:29:14 AM »
@Brian_Z thanks for doing the research.

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »
Thanks for checking. I assumed they would go with the easy option, but good to confirm.