Author Topic: Help creating landings?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline fransimspea

• Nooboo
Help creating landings?
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:33:35 PM »
Hiiiii, this is my first post so hope I'm doing it right.

I can't make upstairs landings in my houses!  See 13m 40s on this video of Deligracy's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLQZC8Ai8jQ&t=821s

Whenever I try to cut out space in the floor around my stairs, it either deletes the whole upper floor (as Deli demos) or, when I fence across the stairs as she does to rectify this (creating a room to then delete), it deletes the stairs!  So annoying.

Can anybody help, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Offline Entropic

• Nooboo
Re: Help creating landings?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
I actually don't know how Deli can draw fencing across the stairway and have it not be deleted, because stairways always conflict with walls so there can only be one or the other. It's a part of the game rules and moveobjects doesn't affect this whatsoever. I suspect it's somehow related to that her room is according to the game, not an actual room but a deck with walls (it's treated differently by the game), which is why she suffers from the roofing clipping through the walls. If the room is considered a proper room, roofing clipping through walls will be automatically deleted.

You can do what she did but draw a fencing around the tile in front of the staircase though, as that tile is the one that has to be free for the staircase to be functional. Once that's done you can remove that fencing and recolor the flooring to your liking.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.