Author Topic: Enraged Bees  (Read 6160 times)

Offline owlsight

• Llama Wrangler
Enraged Bees
« on: April 22, 2020, 11:46:52 AM »
I don't know what I am doing wrong with my bees.  I have my Sims bond with the bees every three to four hours, and they are usually enraged.  I try bonding several times to calm them down, then I choose to collect swarm, and then I have them collect honey.  Should I do things in a different order?  I think the honey is great, and the bees have brought me all sorts of useful things so I don't want to get rid of the bees. 

I also have a question about fossils.  I've been selling them when the bees bring them to my Sims.  Do I need to hold onto them for something else down the line? 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Enraged Bees
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »
Well if you are wearing the bee suit while bonding it makes them angry. You aren't using the bee suit are you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline owlsight

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
No I'm not wearing the bee suit.  I only use that to collect honey.  Should I not wear it when they collect honey?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:59:47 PM »
Do they have the option "Apply Mite Treatment?"  That only comes up if it needs to be done, and a mite infestation will definitely make them enraged all the time. 
If it's not mites, then I'm stumped, I don't know why else they would be enraged all the time when you bond frequently like that.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
I noticed you collect the swarm regularly. I noticed when I collect the hive if my relationship isn't maxed they can get angry. Also as Brian_Z said mites can make them very angry. But if they are mite free and have maxed relationship there is one last thing to try. placing a high quality Crocus flower arrangement will make bees happy. Note the quality will drop over time and lose effectiveness. Try that if all else fails.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 08:57:40 AM »
If you are happy to use mods, then LittleMsSam has a Calm Bees mod on her tumbler.  It adds a calm bees interaction to the hive and removes the enraged status when you use it. 

(All the usual points about using mods applies)