Author Topic: 2020 Handiness World Championships  (Read 24402 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 2020 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
@Elinoee thanks for the detailed explanation, it's really helpful, and congratulations on your win.

The winning strategy from two years ago was really helpful to me too. I called a repair person first thing and asked him to mentor. That combined with three lot traits (study spot, homey, natural light) and micro home bonuses meant my sim got to level three in handiness before she'd finished carving her first horse statue and six by early evening when she started working on satisfaction instead (for marketable before first sales time, though still unsure if it counts for woodwork) I found this so exciting but didn't really maintain the momentum. Unfortunately the repair man was unflirty so he couldn't be used as spouse for fun/ social/ satisfaction very easily so she wooed the next walk-by who was Cameron Fletcher (she had ignored Johnny Zest's welcome wagon as was skilling at the time so he hated her).

I completely forgot about musical instruments. You can tell from my multiplier that I didn't do a lot of research on upgrades either. I was sure in my test file I could upgrade karaoke machines and DJ booths and wasted my money on one of the latter which was annoying, but satisfying upon discovering this to dismantle them for spare parts. It was so funny knocking on doors, upgrading a stranger's bed then dismantling their TV and stereo before leaving, maybe a quick disco nap on the couch first.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: 2020 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2020, 02:41:29 AM »
I too forgot about the musical instruments that can be crafted on the woodworking table, I got most of my satisfaction from the Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz Aspirations, I wanted Thor's Programming skill to be at level 8 to do an extra upgrade on the Talking Toilet. I built a Tiny Home on the cheapest lot which was nothing more than a 4 x 4 shack with the lot traits Homey, Home Studio and Study Spot and combined those with being focused and mentored by a Repair Person to get Thor's skills up fast.

I did the same off lot upgrades as Elinoee and also place the same restaurant and spa to get those lamp and sauna upgrades, my home lot upgrades were pretty much the same as hers too, it seems that we both had the same ideas, lol.

I crafted mostly Camping Mascots, Dining Tables, Bathtubs, Wall Hangings, Mirrors, End Tables and Garden Planters. I also gained some more satisfaction later on from the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration, up to the third tier and much of the satisfaction was spent on Marketable, Moodlet Solvers and Focused Potions.

Not much more to say really as my strategy was very similar to Elinoee's and she has pretty covered everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.