Author Topic: Gardening bug - Plants reverting to just planted state  (Read 15972 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Gardening bug - Plants reverting to just planted state
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 02:11:55 PM »
Mrs. Flynn: Is that true, that the developers don't look at the reports themselves, but wait for updates from someone who is not hired by EA, according to their sig on AHQ? That sounds very unprofessional!

OP: there are a lot of questions in the bug report linked above that you could answer.
Here is a link for sharing saves that lists console ways of doing so:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/td-p/6065302

Let us keep in mind that the EA Devs are only human. They can only do so much at one time. They depend on a number of members of the community that have qualified knowledge of the game, technology, and how to go about testing the reports for them. When a pack is released, they can't be aware of every single bug that pops up. That is why they ask that we, as the players, report them to the HQ.
I have seen them on Twitter, asking for files, details, etc for bugs and working to try to find a fix.

They can not just drop what they are doing to just fix something that might not have to do with the EP/GP/SP at all. They have bosses to report to and other projects that are right behind the one that just finished. The bugs are reported, sent to be tracked, a solution to be found. Sometimes it takes a while to recreate that bug and find the solution.

It is not for us to say for a fact as to what the Devs do or don't do. They handle things are professional as they can and if asking for help from the community is a way to help them out, that just means that they hear us. Remember they have someone on the case, and they are doing the best they can to handle it.

Now, we are not here to bash EA or the developers. If we can help each other out with suggestions on how to handle a bug until a fix is out, then we will.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Shannon

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »
Hello Shannon, and thank you, it is kind of you to try to explain, and I did not mean to 'bash'?

I think it sounds very odd to have players like you say, and not hired people, responsible for bug reporting, especially for a game that is seemingly bug ridden, and still gets DLC and patches quite often. But this is not the thread to discuss it, and perhaps not the forum either, as it is not affiliated with EA, as I understand it. I just thought it was an odd thing to state, and even weirder if it is true. Sorry if I have upset you though. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 04:57:53 PM »
You have not upset me, but the simmer that handles that thread is not only a long time player, but also a beloved member of the sim community and she works closely with the community to get their bugs and concerns to the right people. It has nothing to do with professionalism.

Since this thread has gotten off topic. I will be locking it.

Shannon