Author Topic: Fishing - Can't use bait and "restocking solution" problem  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Lexus

• Nooboo
I searched for all solutions but I still can't solve my problem. Whenever I choose bait and I select one, it automatically cancels the action. I tried buying fishes from the grocery so I can stock them in ponds, surprisingly the "choose bait" action worked, BUT it only catches the fish I stocked in the pond. Also, when a sim "stock pond" it only throws the fish a short distance (on the edge of the pond) and the fish spawner is at the center of the pond. So that means I can only choose bait at that exact spot where I stocked a fish. Does anyone have other solutions?

Offline twistoffate1

• Nooboo
Re: Fishing - Can't use bait and "restocking solution" problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
This describes very well the problem I'm having. I guess Maxis never fixed this in the final patch. :( Only option at this point would be to go in and rewrite the code, I guess.

I actually can't even stock any ponds now. I stocked one in the park and now can neither stock nor use bait anywhere.

Looks like no ambrosia for me.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:30:13 PM »
@twistoffate1: can you make sure the pond is routable or even turn on testingcheats and buydebug to edit the location of the spawner on the lot? Or remove it if it's causing issues all around the world.

If getting ambrosia is your only goal and you have the Pets EP, cats can catch any fish out of any routable body of water.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 02:34:55 PM »
Back in the day, there was a bug like this caused by having seeds (special seeds in particular) in your inventory. Try removing those and see if anything fixes.

Also, I'd clear my caches in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. The ones you are looking for are:

CASPartCache.package
   compositorCache.package
   scriptCache.package
   simCompositorCache.package
   socialCache.package

The game will rebuild them on restart, and bugs can sometimes start to hide in them if you haven't cleared them out for a while.

Offline twistoffate1

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 03:22:45 PM »
Thank you both for your insight--and so quick! :D 

Because clearing caches was easiest, I tried that. So far, so good! I'm fishing with Alley Catfish!

Offline twistoffate1

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
Well, it worked the first time anyway. But the next time I tried to fish, the problem recurred. Now resetting the caches doesn't seem to do the trick.

I'm pretty sure the weird spot in Sunset Valley Park that I stocked (right next to the Sunset Valley Park Spot A, where Angelfish usually spawn) with one Goldfish is appearing exactly as such--it shows only Goldfish as available there. I don't think this matters one way or the other, but I guess it's possible.

I was hoping I didn't need to cheat or break the game, because I have gotten Deathfish without a problem in past saved games. But I guess that patch I've read about in other posts screwed it up and it was never fixed.

anything