Author Topic: PC reboots after a few minutes in Game - Other games play fine  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
PC reboots after a few minutes in Game - Other games play fine
« on: November 21, 2019, 06:17:08 AM »
Hi all,

So... I have this teeny tiny issue: when I try to play TS4 over the course of the last month or so, it causes my PC to reboot. No BSoD is seen, just straight to switch off and restart. I am attaching my *DxDiag21.11.2019.zip so you can see the nitty gritty of my system. I hope someone can assist.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Game and Origin. I have cleared cache. I have done a factory reset on my save folder. I have played other games for hours (one as recently as today in fact) without my system crashing. I have updated drivers and rolled back drivers (just in case and after a new crash).

I am at my wits end! I use this game as a form of therapy as well as just for fun and right now, I could use it badly!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: PC reboots after a few minutes in Game - Other games play fine
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:10:34 AM »
Hi @Magpie2012, I'm not the best at this, but a quick internet search suggests graphic driver problems can cause this and your dxdiag suggests the drivers are over a year old so keeping the newer driver is probably a good idea. 

DH suggests that an overheating graphic card could cause a similar problem, which you may not see in the other games if they are less graphic intense. 

Another thing to consider is if Win10 has installed an update in the last month that may have caused a problem.

Hopefully someone like MrsFlynn will be along with some better ideas, just didn't want to leave you waiting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
It sounds like it may be hardware or driver related. Like Helen said, try updating your video drivers and repair game to see if that helps. If not you might try seeing if a techy friend can have a look at it to see what's happening.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 02:38:01 PM »
Thanks @HelenP and MrsFlynn I have updated the drivers, and repaired the game. I'll see whether I can get a techy buddy to check it out, although he is sure it's the game and not the card/hardware/other *facepalm* I think I was hoping someone on the Forum had experienced this so I could get a "quick fix" lol

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »
I faced this a while ago and it was outdated an graphics driver. Updated my driver and problem disappeared. Since you checked that I don't know what to tell you. Hope your friend is able to help.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »
@scoed I also thought that would be the fix  :) I also installed TS2 and TS3 and it happened with TS3 and not TS2 so I am now starting to believe that it is the card and my tech friend is cray lol I'll be sending my PC to him so he can figure it out hopefully  :o

anything