Author Topic: Vacuous Green. Star in a Reasonably Priced Neighborhood.  (Read 10872 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Vacuous Green. Star in a Reasonably Priced Neighborhood.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »
I thought I'd wait a few days before adding more to the Eugenics II saga, so opened up this house. There are slight changes to the front, and roof is now medium height, and I think the texture was changed, and windows have changed. Nothing major, but y'know, I can't just put up two pictures of the new entrance hall floor. It's an easy floor to do, actually. Be encouraged!

The previous floor wasn't quite right. I like this so much more.

Yes, the pool is still green. And Ruby is living the beach life, and thrilled to bits about it. She was a global superstar as a teenager.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »
I noticed two things I'm particularly having trouble with.  One is the climbing roses.  For some reason, even if I raise them up a bit, the seem to hang down through the floor to my basement level.  I finally just took they out but feel it spoils the look of the "cottage-y" look I was going for.  Any ideas how to fix?

Second is the curtains.  You have a lovely light blue over white, tied back curtains in the dining room.  I am having fits trying to get curtains to hang properly and place the "valances" over the curtains.  Is it just really fiddly to do or is there a way to do it without the struggle?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 02:37:00 PM »
Those climbing roses have been stuck to the front of the house since forever. I'll go back to that file and check. You got me wondering that maybe the roses aren't fuss free. I might have been having the same issue, and why I haven't raised them up at all. I'll check.

The curtains have never been an issue. Well, not these curtains. There are some combinations of windows with those curtains that are incredibly, painstakingly fiddly to place them where I want. The beachfront mansion had that issue. There were time when I thought it'll be pure dumb luck if I get the curtains to align -- that was using the same curtains on StrangerVille windows. It felt like I was hunting for a magical 100th of a pixel. Beyond frustrating. But that did tell me the mounting points for curtains differ from window to window.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »

I've got the 'Garbo Hanging' to basically fill up the gap at the top. To get the curtains to snap to the top of the window is phenomenally difficult, but I'm prepared to think it's possible. But I also like the curtains reaching as low as they do.

I was moving those flowers up and down with no trouble at all. Yet I have some memory of exactly what you describe, but I can't replicate it.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 01:10:14 AM »
I like the way you have to curtains low enough they are basically brushing a tiny bit against the floor.  Not fond of curtains in RL that "puddle" on the floor and loathe the ones that are just too short to be right.  It's like having the hem of your skirt, or the cuff of your pants at just the wrong height for your leg.  Most of the curtains in EA are a tad too short without being properly short.  I'm pretty fanatic about curtains and would rather see none at all than wrong length. 

I keep thinking about moving the roses and climbing greenery and then get involved in something else and don't think about it until I go down to the basement!  Ah well, chalk it up to wip and keep on doing stuff.  I used the Sulani curtains with the garbo drapes in my dining room.  Ivory and light blue went well I think

Thanks for checking on the roses and the pic of the curtains!

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 12:57:40 PM »
This is another big, formal house that got a gentle makeover with Discover University stuff. The column update really makes a difference.

The pool got new tiles. Actually, Get Famous tiles, that I could've used all along but simply didn't think of.

At the back of the house, there's a column in the middle of the wall to signal fanciness, obviously, but that means there's only two windows in each wing, not three.

That actually helps out the bedrooms upstairs. Downstairs, the dining room and lounge have slightly more wall space and the TV now attaches to the wall. Which is nice. Before it was an awkward mess that I was hiding with curtains.

And for the first time in a long time, or perhaps the first time ever, I had a sim complete the criminal career as a crime boss.

Exit Bunthorne.