Author Topic: (BUG) Sims dress in outerwear for no apparent reason  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
(BUG) Sims dress in outerwear for no apparent reason
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »
Hey guys,

As of today my Sims have started to put on their outerwear for no apparent reason. For instance, if they are wearing their pajamas upstairs and intend to go downstairs to check on the toddler - they change into their outerwear. The thermostat is set to warm the house and they have a lit fireplace at all times. I'm very confused. Can someone explain this phenomenon?

Update
It gets even more exptreme. Caleb just got up from the couch and changed into his outerwear to walk a few steps over to the bookcase and grab a book. *plucks out a few hairs*

Update
I have decided to disable temperature effects on Sims. This seems to have stopped the odd behavior.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: (BUG) Sims dress in outerwear for no apparent reason
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 05:36:23 PM »
I've read about this bug before, looking through the bug reports, this is the closest one I'm seeing that is it or is similar.

NPC Sims wear random cold/hot weather outfits not assigned
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-S-NPC-Sims-wear-random-cold-hot-weather-outfits-not/m-p/6903978#M66846

If it's not the exact problem, you might have a look through the bug reports to see if one of them is more exact.

Seasons Bug Reports -
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6876231#M82265
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
Nothing useful to add, but wow! What an annoying bug!  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 05:43:26 AM »
@Playalot I'm a little depressed these days about how bugfilled this game really is and how little that seems to get fixed before new content is released.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 02:43:23 PM »
I too am a bit depressed about the lack of fixes on the bugs in the game.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »
@Nindigo and @scoed I think the musical 'Cabaret' put it best in the song with the lyrics that went something like simeloens make the plumbot go round, the plumbot go round, the plumbot go round, simoloens make the plumbot go around and fixes up the bugs.

It went something like that, anyway. :P

Edited to Add

It seems somewhat similar to the 'change out of your prom/formal clothes into your outerwear clothes and don't change back at the prom so your photo is taken in your outerwear' issue that was (and probably still is) the case in Sims 3. I don't play with seasons in it for that and the whole 'can't fish in winter and or spring and autumn issue'.

anything