Author Topic: Trim inside the house  (Read 15745 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Trim inside the house
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:48:55 PM »
Hello, I have a building problem do not know how to solve and need help with, please

I try to build a loft, you know part of the second floor cut out for the open living appearance and this is where my problem is. I used a trim outside for the second level, I thought the red color would give a bit of the pop for the shape of the building since I used a dark grey exterior wall cover but, that red trim applies part of the second floor as well clearly visible inside the loft and bugging me. I tried what ever my little to no skill allow me to get rid of but the red trim inside still there. What can I do to make it not part of the inside/interior, please,

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Trim inside the house
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:54:08 PM »
I'm not sure how to really fix the issue other than to remove the walls and place them again, maybe using the single wall tool to see if that helps? - Click image to see larger view

That's what I use when I'm building walls.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 06:38:00 AM »
It's been a minor annoyance of mine too since the start. It happens with double-volume rooms, especially when stair cases are involved. The game applies trims and friezes to the exterior of completed rooms. In the case of your example, the top part of the double volume isn't considered a room. It only has three sides. It's not your fault, after all, if you enclosed it the staircase could disappear. And because the top part isn't a room, the game is reading it as "exterior", and hence applies the trim or frieze.

At least yours attaches to the wall...

So above the main staircase... that frieze is just floating. I guess I could put pillars in to make sense of it. In cutaway view in normal play it's not something I see, so, I ignore it! :)

There's no trim inside the house around the double-volume hall, but that's because there's no staircase to mess with things. I'll  poke around my house and if I can fix it'll post here again, but my instinct is that this is how it is and it can't be fixed. Where my floating square trim is, is empty space. It's not a "room". So the game thinks those are exterior walls.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline sawdust123

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 11:42:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure (but not 100% positive) if you hold down shift while placing the trim it should place it on the outside only as it will trying to place the trim on that front wall only and not the whole room.

anything