Author Topic: Is there and reason to stay at work after the bar is full  (Read 26256 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Is there and reason to stay at work after the bar is full
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 12:53:12 AM »
@Carl , my scientist used the clear mind distillation to stay very focused all day and other tricks so that his 'focused' had stacked to about +16/18 or so. He was above level 3 for sure as he started on L4 due to the connections reward. He also had the entrepreneurial reward and was a genius and a geek. The day he cleared all the work tasks he was promoted and he wasn't particularly near the end of the work performance bar (in terms of promotion). I really can't think of anything else as I was so surprised when it happened as I felt that, apart from clearing all the daily work tasks, he hadn't actually done anything out of the ordinary.

*edited: Due to him already maxing charisma, he was good friends with all his co-workers to the point where any of them could have become his BFF, maybe this had an impact on his promotion?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Try to max level first, is this fast promotions consistent throughout all the career? if it is not, then Entrepreneurial chance might kick in to help you get promoted at the end of the day. If it is pretty consistent then it might be your trait choice that may gave an impact to the work performance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
Some of the "get promotions in one day" analysis, doesn't seem to consider the special things you can do to boost performance.

fx. just before going to work, do a call to negotiate a bonus?

You can't do pranks in an active carrier, so that can't be used to boost performance.

Hmm, thought I had a third thing that might buff performance, but it seems to have escaped me right now.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 07:13:48 PM »
I actually has listed all possible scenario to boost performance: Asking boss for a raise, computer whiz aspiration reward make connection and hacking for work performance. Unfortunately all three of them has cooldown and ask for raise is the longest one so you can not use them all consistently everyday to get performance boost. Passive career do have a chance card that raise performance if you are lucky enough but i'm unsure whether going to work passively in active careers give you any of those chance card.

By the way i just found out that Negotiate a bonus is also bugged like Sure sales interaction. You can queue it at least 2 time to raise the job performance but beware that not all will suceed. And if you like to save before doing that make sure do NOT save while making the call because even if you succeed doing it on load it wont register the promotion you should have. This is also true in hacking work performance.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »
Thanks for the extra info guys. It's even helpful to me because there's so much in this game that it's hard to remember everything. I think I should expand on the careers tips page and make sure every possible means of boosting performance is listed there.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »
Just want to add last info that I found.
Going in active career and earning the highest rating gave a boost in not only the work performance but also payment. I notice this when I reach level 10 in scientist and decided not to follow my sim at work. If he goes actively (and earning "gold" performance), he got around $3000 but when i go passively he got the normal payment rate. And going passively somehow work very slowly in term of job performance and I suspect it because the new career didn't have any daily goal that contribute to your performance at work.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 02:11:30 AM »
Just want to add last info that I found.
Going in active career and earning the highest rating gave a boost in not only the work performance but also payment. I notice this when I reach level 10 in scientist and decided not to follow my sim at work. If he goes actively (and earning "gold" performance), he got around $3000 but when i go passively he got the normal payment rate. And going passively somehow work very slowly in term of job performance and I suspect it because the new career didn't have any daily goal that contribute to your performance at work.
That's interesting.  When he went actively, he didn't stay late, did he?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 02:18:54 AM »
Nope. My sim seldom stay late if all my sim's objectives are done.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »
@DelsinPRO  welcome to the forum. This thread is over three years old and at first release we were still working out the game-play of these active careers. If you had read through the thread you would have seen that this initial question was answered in 2015, we know there is no gain to staying late IF the performance metered is filled.

Also, not so much a case of having to man up, just that we acknowledge we all play differently.

I make all my sims stay late every work day, even after they have maxed their career.  I simply like to play that way.

Offline DelsinPRO

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2018, 03:20:23 AM »
@PlaysAlot
I didn't read much, I just gave up looking for the answer when I read little...
I'm new to this forum, didn't know there was a second page to begin with, I thought my message got deleted or smthng

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 06:06:26 PM »
@DelsinPRO  it appears as if your post was deleted... we don't delete posts here unless they are spam -which yours certainly was not!!! (We actually move them to a staff-only area and then contact the poster to discuss any rules that may have been breached and then inform the poster what will happen to the post...certainly we don't just delete peoples posts.) I'm not sure what happened but at any rate, it's fine to comment on old threads but just be mindful that because this is a 'live service' game things are always changing and old posts -while being true at the time- may hold 'facts' that are now not accurate.  :)