Author Topic: Another 7 Heroes Dynasty  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
Re: Another 7 Heroes Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »
Your Sulani home and its landscaping looks lovely!
Wow, Kierra was super efficient about completing her project!
I love everything about Sulani living.
(The only downside is that Sulani fishing doesn't count for the Outdoor Adventurer badge.)

Congratulations, Watcher, on your second hero and happy YA birthday to Cindy!

I noticed that about the Sulani fishing with Cindy! I had to take her to different lots to get the Outdoor Adventurer badge. I didn't realize it was known bug.....at least I hope it's a bug.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 06:28:08 PM »
Hi all! Quick update to let you know that I haven't disappeared. Cindy's been working on the toddler project, meaning she has to adopt and raise 7 top notch toddlers and send them to good families. It's been pretty repetitive and time-consuming, and it doesn't leave much time for Cindy to do other things--unlike Ann and Kierra, who had more free time to do other things while completing their projects.

Cindy has successfully nurtured three toddlers and sent them to new homes after they aged up to child. First we have Isaiah. He joined the family with the independent trait. I've decided to randomize the trait of each child when they age up. Isaiah ended up with the Green Fiend trait, and he was sent to live with family friend Gary Bheeda in Bridgeport.

Second, we have Kinley, who was adopted with short hair and was originally thought to be a boy. Oops. She had the charmer trait. Upon aging up, she received the geek trait, and was moved in with the Tinker family in Evergreen Harbor, as Cindy was good friends with Olive Tinker growing up.

Third up is Sage. She also joined us with the charmer trait. Upon aging up, she picked up the goofball trait. She had to be randomized twice, because originally she picked up the evil trait, and that just didn't seem right for this challenge. She was moved in with Evie Delgato in Brindleton Bay.

Cindy has adopted her fourth and fifth toddlers, who I still need to nab pictures of. I'll show them in the next update, which will hopefully be coming when this project is finished.

This is actually the first time I've been able to successfully raise top-notch toddlers. I have achieved this by having Cindy do practically nothing but train skills with her toddlers. The toddlers almost never build skills alone, unless I have them working on their communication skill with the giant stuffed bear. To anyone planning on tackling this project that isn't already a master at toddlers, here is my advice to you: always skill with an adult (in this case, the hero whose project it is), have one of the giant stuffed animals around to quickly build communication skill, and build the movement skill quickly by frequently having your toddler use the "play" social with an adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 03:49:55 PM »
The toddler project is finally complete!

Toddler number four was Julius. He came in with the charmer trait. Upon aging up, he got the "vegetarian" trait and moved in with the Sterling Rico household.

Fifth was Logan, who surprised me by turning out to be a girl.  She had the silyl trait, gained "Loves the Outdoors," and moved in with Father Winter in Willow Creek. We were seriously running out of occupied homes to move the children into, and moving them into homeless households felt wrong.

Sixth was Leon, who has the fussy trait, and was an absolute joy as you may imagine. He gained the self-assured trait after aging up and moved in with a sim named Daquan Thacker in Sulani. He also insisted on posing like this with his face turned away after 4 attempts using the "Take photo of" option on Cindy's phone. I could've just taken a screenshot, but I liked the actual photo trend.

Finally, toddler number 7 was Chance, who had the clingy trait. He aged up with the "Art Lover" trait and moved in with Knox Greenburg in Evergreen Harbor.

And with that, Cindy is officially our 3rd hero! While raising Chance, Cindy adopted the fourth future hero. Meet Maia!

Isn't she just gorgeous?? Maia has the vegetarian trait, which I honestly don't use much, so I have to keep remembering to make sure she has vegetarian-friendly means available.

On a side note, I gave Kierra another project to work on. She's working on the natural history museum, which she isn't in any rush to complete. It just felt like a nice side project. Here she is working on catching fish. Unfortunately, seaweed is not a fish.

For the museum, I had a really cute idea to make an aquarium branch with live specimens of the fish. But it turns out you can't move fish from your sim's inventory to fish tanks on community lots. Why are you like this, Sims 4? So I got rid of most of the aquariums, but I left a couple behind these porthole windows and filled them with the fish you can put in by clicking on them in Live mode. Of course these fish don't count towards the actual collection.

Here are the real fish specimens. Only 7 species are required, but I plan to fill up the wall.

There are two seashell cases like this. The collection is not complete yet. As you can see, I'm including color variants of each shell, but I'm only counting each uniquely named shell. I like this idea, but I feel like it looks a little awkward since there's so much empty shelf space. I'll play with it a little more.

Anyway, that it for this update. Here's a shot of the household (and Kinley) on New Year's Eve as I entered my fifth in-game year of gameplay for this dynasty!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 04:03:30 PM »
Congratulations to Cindy on completing her 7 toddlers project!
And welcome to the Zeven household, future fourth hero Maia!

The museum looks lovely. What a pity that Kiera couldn't store her fish in aquariums. :(

anything