Author Topic: Climate-related reward traits  (Read 3264 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Climate-related reward traits
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:42:53 PM »
This might be an obvious question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Are the Heat Acclimation and Cold Acclimation reward traits (which cost 500 satisfaction each) more or less weaker versions of the Heatproof and Iceproof reward trait (which cost 2,000 satisfaction each)?
If my sim has the Heatproof and Iceproof traits, the Heat/Cold Acclimation traits would become superfluous, right?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Climate-related reward traits
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
Good question. I don't know, but I think so. The problem is I try to get them all and made super sims that max out everything, become super rich, earn every reward and basically do everything. So I usually have both. I kinda wondering now myself. Good question @oshizu I hope someone who is more knowledgeable then me can answer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Climate-related reward traits
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:32 PM »
They are different. My understanding is the Heat Acclimation and Cold Acclimation reward traits make it slower for the weather effects to be felt (for negative moodlets to show up) while the Heatproof and Iceproof reward traits make sims immune completely to the associated deaths.

Haven't game tested for timings etc so obviously feel free to test and double check for yourself.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.