Author Topic: Using home lot as a retail store?  (Read 49918 times)

Offline Scarce

• Nooboo
Using home lot as a retail store?
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »
Title says it all. I want to use my home lot as a retail store or buy a retail store and use it as my home, ending up being able to use the lot as a store and as a home. Is it possible? If so, how do I do it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Using home lot as a retail store?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:19:32 PM »
You still need to start out on a home (residential) lot.
Then you can "Buy Retail Store" as a separate lot then build a residential area on the lot.
You can live on your retail lot, if you wish, but you must always own a separate residential lot.

Edited to add:
Carl created an excellent three-part guide to running a retail shop, which starts here:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fidea

• Nooboo
Re: Using home lot as a retail store?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »
It's totally possible to live on a retail lot, but I don't believe it's possible to use a residential lot as a retail location (you won't get customers).  As Oshizu said, you will still need to own a residential lot in order to purchase a retail lot and begin your build.  You can have a separate place in the retail area that is used as a living area, you just want to make sure you lock the doors so only household members can access those areas.

One major problem I've encountered with this method was when I tried to live at my restaurant.  If you have a table and chairs inside the residential area of your retail lot, you may get bugged hosts that keep trying to seat customers at your personal table, but can't get through the locked door.  It's pretty obnoxious.  The good news here is that if you're just planning on running a retail location and not a restaurant, you shouldn't have the same issue.

Best of luck!