Author Topic: Moving Out in Apartments  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Steamly

• Nooboo
Moving Out in Apartments
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »
Yesterday, (which was a Sunday in my game), I threw a birthday party for my teen sim, Madelynn. You know how birthdays go- you have a cake, blow out the candles, and boom, she's now a young adult. Since Madelynn had two younger twin sisters whom she was very close with, I decided to move the now young-adult into the neighboring apartment. (They lived in 930 Medina Studios if that matters.)

So I made a new household for Madelynn, moved her into 920 Medina, and then the mailman came. The game gave me the dreaded notification: "You have bills for 1,000 Simoleons,... 48 hours or else." And I, being the Simmer who enjoys decorated apartments, spent all of her money (except for 120) on furnishings.

Is this a bug? For instance, when I moved her parents (before she was born) into that particular apartment, the game waited until the next week to give me a bill. I really do not want to cheat any money in. Is there any way to avoid this?

(I do play with mods, including MCCC, but I don't know how to use it...)

Thank you for reading!! I hope I'm not reading to deeply into this... but it's worth a shot.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: Moving Out in Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
Unless I'm wrong, the first week when you start a save is "free" from bills. After that, you need to pay every monday even when you move out.

It's maybe different if you do rotationnal play, and switch to a previously unplayed house, but I didn't played rotationally until now, and can't confirm it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving Out in Apartments
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 07:37:02 PM »
Hi @Steamly  welcome to the forum. The reason you got bills is because they were due on your actively played family that day anyway. Once you start the game any actively played family will get the bills regardless if you have just rotated to them or not. It's only that first week in a new game with an unplayed sim or a first week with a completely unplayed/new sim (in an existing save) that you get to play without bills.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything