Author Topic: Can an immortal nanny ever "perish"?  (Read 4627 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Can an immortal nanny ever "perish"?
« on: October 25, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
After eight generations, I'm seeing three immortals related to the nanny career.
My first nanny (always an elder) retired long ago but continues to live on.
My second nanny is so annoying that I had a vampire in my household turn her very recently. Now she's stopped showing up when we hire a nanny.
   However, she still continues to phone household members day and night, inviting them out inappropriate outings.
   No, my teen can't go out for a brunch date with you!
Now a third nanny shows up to replace the ex-nanny vampire.
've tried and failed to eliminate a tragic clown by drowning, but she died later in a fire.

Question: Can one of these immortal nannies die?

Yes, I can test nanny immortality myself, but I am asking to save time and wasted effort.
I'm also curious if anyone else has tried. ;D  @scoed comes to mind, hehe.
If anyone's curious, I'll be happy to post my results.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Can an immortal nanny ever "perish"?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
I know there's a setting in MCCC that can disable the immortal sims, so they can be continually replaced.  As far as base game, I think they can be killed accidentally and the game spawns a new one, though it's been ages since I've done any testing with it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
@Shewolf13
I realize MCCC has a setting like that but I don't want to use it.
For my legacy, I'm using MCCC for auto-population of my simverse.
That is, MCCC automatically pairs unplayed sims into couples which auto-procreate. (I know you know what that means, lol. I'm only explaining for those who don't use MCCC.)
Also, I don't want to disable ALL immortals in my game. I would lose my fabulous butler!!!
Hah, I need to do some play-testing.

Btw, I tried to dispose of a fisherfolk sim by freezing but he wouldn't die.
Fisherfolks aren't immortal, I believe, so I guess they're immune to temperature.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:11:00 PM »
Never really used a nanny. I tend to have a stay at home sim when playing a family as my gardens are huge, plus I tend to have a butler so nannies are really redundant at that point. Also I always min max toddlers and children so I always have the stay at home do the child care as I can max skill gains. So sorry I have extremely little experience with nannies in game. But I have tons of experience killing sims but never killed a nanny before though. @oshizu I am sorry I failed you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
@scoed , my biggest hope! LOL
Pinstar's legacy challenge requires the maxing of every career, so I tend to hire a nanny at the younguns' toddler and children stages.
So you have never attempted to kill any of the so-called immortal sims?

My game currently has an active Father Winter, a retired Father Winter, and one that got "fired" (I guess) for hanky-panky on the job.
My hanky-panky Father Winter has outlived his two children (who did not earn the Father Winter's Child trait).
These immortal sims are like dead weight in my simverse!
I'll keep you posted on my nanny business...

anything