Author Topic: Sim Died of Overheating Inside City Venue  (Read 7682 times)

Offline TheNameIsWater

• Nooboo
Sim Died of Overheating Inside City Venue
« on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's as the title said. I was playing my sim in a rags to riches challenge, and she went with a friend to the romance festival. She was already in her 'hot weather' outfit. She started to overheat so I took her inside the bar with the karaoke machine, and just an in-game hour later she died. What else was I supposed to do? Do I need to manually add thermostats to every venue each time I make a new game now? It's not like there were water balloons available.

Idk just got really mad about that. I was really close to being able to build a home. Now, not so much. -_-

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Sim Died of Overheating Inside City Venue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:21:54 PM »
Hmm, were you using cc clothes or did you give her clothes not listed in the hot weather tab? Clothing not found in the appropriate tab isn't flagged properly for extreme weather.

By the way, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry for your loss :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »
If a thermostat is set to 'heat' and it is summer and a hot day then yes..you will need to either turn the thermostat off or set it to 'cool'. If you don't set the thermostats to heat in winter sims will get chilled and if you don't set them to cool in summer then sims will overheat and eventually die.

The moodlet/buff for overheating is often buried under other moodlets so it is easy to miss but there is also a notification that will occur 'just' before it is too late to save the sim from certain death.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline TheNameIsWater

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:17:45 PM »
There wasn't a thermostat on the community lot. :/ But it IS as you said, the starting to overheat moodlet was buried underneath the rest. The +99 was there when I moved her inside, and couldn't cool her down in time.

And yes, all of her hot day clothes were under the hot weather tab, no CC clothes. I use MC command center and 'dont prepare food/wash dishes where you angry poop' mods.

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »
I add a shower to various venues in the different cities/worlds so a freezing Sim can shower up to warm and an overheated Sim can cool down. Usually means shifting a toilet a bit then adding a shower from build mode.  Never thought to just add a thermostat.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery