Author Topic: Extent of the grafting bug? By Design  (Read 16394 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Extent of the grafting bug? By Design
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »
It's by design!
Fix what ain't broken and forget about all the other existing bugs. Those bugs can wait... what's another year or two?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
More great communication. I think their communication or lack there of angers me more than the changes do.

Thanks Playalot for the information. Can anyone explain why they even release patch notes if they aren't even going to tell you about the major game changing stuff in the patch?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »
It seems...and don't quote me on this, that we were supposed to learn about these changes through the in-game Lessons? lol I don't think I have ever looked at those nor ever even thought to. Someone who feels like playing (and I sure don't) might like to take a look at these 'Lessons' and see.

Options menu>Lessons
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
If we are to learn about the changes through the in game "lessons, then it is an incredibly poor design given only new players even get notice to read them and majority of player playing and buying expansions are not brand new players. But I will take a look. If they at least did that then at least there was some even if it was incredibly poorly planned and executed, and will go some was to ease my unhappiness about how they done these nerfs.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 10:10:27 PM »
I just checked and there is nothing on how rare the grafted plant will grow the splice or the new special seeds. Nothing on plants evolving slowly indoors. Nothing about mass watering weeding and the like. No mention on how seasons and how most plants only produce in certain ones. In fact the photos show the old watering cans. The only change mentioned is the 5 levels to evolve a plant. None of the changes were communicated in lessons that people are complaining about. Yes I checked the seasons "lessons" too. So no redemption there.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »
One of the things that puzzled me about this was that it worked differently for different grafts, The Pear + Lemon -> Plantain always yielded Plantains.  Apple + Cherry -> Pomegranate rarely yielded Cherries and never yielded Pomegranates.

Plantains are a common fruit. Cherries are Uncommon. Pomegranates are rare. That has seemed to be the limiting factor in every graft I've done. I thought that if I grafted a rare to rare plant, it might work. But when I grafted a Pomegranate to a Growfruit tree (both are rare fruits), I still never got a Pomegranate.

Grafting is less useful, but at least knowing this saves you from beating your head against the wall. And it might make the approach to EA a little different. I can live with getting only 1 Dragonfruit from a spliced plant. But the percentage chance for rare fruit must be higher. Because I haven't got any rare plants from any of the grafts I've done.

This makes all the old grafts that would produce rare fruits (or flowers) kind of pointless. But grafting common plants will still yield decent results. So if you want year-round tomatoes, you can splice them with Sage and get a steady supply. Or if you want to build a greenhouse, at least you can consolidate things so it doesn't have to be so big. Just understand that you will want to graft common plants to uncommon or rare plants. Because if the second plant is uncommon you will get very few fruits or flowers. If it's rare, you will get none.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »
@Highlander  yes the grafting for rare is 1/600 or roughly a 1% chance of the rare occurring in a harvest. Pathetic odds really, and imo a waste of time even trying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »
Apparently this issue has been forwarded on up to the design team by SimGuru Nick.  No idea what the outcome will be, but they have taken notice of the problem of splicing!

Link to the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/m-p/6914050/highlight/true#M67736
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »
Remember also that SimguruNick has made no promises that any changes will take place as the grafting weightings are by design and not a bug.

We can live in hope though!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
Well no promises was made but something has to be done. As is splicing recipes might as well not exist give how rare the third rare produce is. 1 in 600 is a joke, a cruel joke at that.

anything