Author Topic: Possible to stop these random "holiday" events?  (Read 5126 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Possible to stop these random "holiday" events?
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:27:01 AM »
I'm happily playing my Sims and up pops this thing in the upper left hand corner saying things like, "It's Night on the Town"  or "Prank Day", or some other bothersome nonsense that I don't want to do or deal with.  Anyone to prevent these from happening?  If not, what do you do with them?  How do you know what it wants you to do, (when all you want to do is fish, garden, go to work, woohoo, yadayada)?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Possible to stop these random "holiday" events?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »
I'm happily playing my Sims and up pops this thing in the upper left hand corner saying things like, "It's Night on the Town"  or "Prank Day", or some other bothersome nonsense that I don't want to do or deal with.  Anyone to prevent these from happening?  If not, what do you do with them?  How do you know what it wants you to do, (when all you want to do is fish, garden, go to work, woohoo, yadayada)?

Yes, you can turn them off. In the upper left corner, you'll get a pop-up. If you click on the holiday icon, it will show what to do for the day. And in the upper right of the pop-up, there's an x you can click on to remove it from your household. But some of them are quite useful. On Skill Day, each of your Sims that gains a level in a skill will also get 100 satisfaction points. On Lottery Day, each of your Sims can get 100 satisfaction points just for buying a lottery ticket. And if you win, that's 1 million simoleons.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »
You can cancel any holiday the way MarianT said but you can't stop them from going on your calendar randomly. Still you can just cancel these holidays or just ignore them with no real ill effects to your sims. And as MarianT pointed out they can be useful and they have zero downside.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
If holidays are cancelled, can a Sim then go to work normally? I know of some who don't appreciate not being able to have their Sims go to work.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 12:17:14 AM »
Popup holidays and some other holidays from my experience are work days. All holidays are fully editable and thus you can always make all holidays a day off or a full work day. But if you cancel a holiday, it is gone so off to work you go given the day is no longer a holiday you unless it is your normal day off that is. @Nindigo Does that answer your question?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 03:30:57 AM »
Yes, @scoed . Thank you for your elaborate reply :-*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted