Author Topic: Seasons Plant issues  (Read 3834 times)

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
Seasons Plant issues
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
I'm having several issues.

#1, My garden no longer gets weeds. This is an issue because my teen sims can't earn the farming aspiration without being able to weed!

#2, Since I installed Seasons, the plants I find in Granite Falls while trying to get the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration are almost never ripe or harvestable, no matter what season I'm in. I've wasted weeks of game time trying to find plants that are harvestable.  Also, If my sim happens to have harvested herbal plants at their home site (gathered and planted their by another family sim) the game will often automatically recognize and label that plant. It doesn't allow the current sim credit for identifying unknown plants. It does this even when I completely sell off all herbals prior to arriving in Granite Falls.

These 2 bugs have me seriously annoyed with Seasons. Where do I go to get the patches that other members have mentioned? Also, is there any way to turn Seasons OFF, at least long enough to complete those aspirations?

Thanks.

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
Re: Seasons Plant issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:02:55 PM »
OK. I found where the patch records are and my game is up to date, so that's not the issue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
There isn't a way to turn off Seasons in Sims 4 unfortunately.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Anna

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
It's my understanding that Granite Falls plants are in season during Summer and Fall (source). There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off seasons in the game, so you might just have to time your sims' vacations for those times.

Edit: If they're not in season during those times, it may be a bug that hasn't been patched yet.
Chambers Apocalypse Challenge - ongoing, game-typical themes including references to woohoo and crime, no explicit mature description

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
Thanks. I've already been timing my visits to Granite Falls to match the seasons that the plants are ripe. I finally was able to find several that I could harvest. They ripened on the 7th day (last) day of summer. They were listed as Spring/Summer. Still have one that it won't let me claim as "identified" as each time I find that bush and harvest it, the game automatically identifies it for me. :(

Still no weeds in my home garden, though.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »
There is a way to disable individual packs, making it like the pack is uninstalled.  Any buy/build items and clothing from the pack will disappear from the game and will need re-applying if you save the game while the pack is disabled.  Removing the disablepack code from the command line will reverse the effect.

This web page: http://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks  seems give the codes you need in an easy to read way.

Hope this helps
Happy Simming
Helen

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »
Thank you. That seems fairly clear and easy. I'll try it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
When I was doing my gardening thing, I would always go to Granite Falls on the very first day of Spring. I never had any issues harvesting the plants.

It was annoying because usually it was cold and rainy. But I would try to get enough satisfaction points to buy Waterproof and that would alleviate most of it.

My basic approach was to gather everything in the first campground. Then I'd buy some Growfruit and the books that were available and head to the Deep Woods. I'd go to the Ranger cabin for a bathroom break and something to eat. I'd start reading the Fishing Skill book while eating. I found they will still read while walking. This helps to keep the fun level up. By that time I could harvest everything in the Deep Wood, then I could head to the Hermit's place.

The Rock Garden takes a while to spawn, so you end up fighting the sleep factor. But usually I was able to gather everything, catch a few bugs and butterflies. But catching enough fish for the Aspiration was hit or miss.

Hope that helps.

anything