Author Topic: Can't Get Sims to Propose in Sims 4  (Read 41349 times)

Offline Zariah

• Nooboo
Re: Can't Get Sims to Propose in Sims 4 - Help!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 01:30:40 PM »
Guys!!! After reading all of your comment due to my same exact problem, i figured it out. All you had to do was click romance, and keep tapping more choices until you saw the "propose option". Yayee!!

Offline ShyKni

• Nooboo
Re: Can't Get Sims to Propose in Sims 4 - Help!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »
Hello!

I'm new here so I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere. I've done a lot of google searching about sims being unable to propose/go steady and it seems all the help topics out there pertain specifically to Sims 3. Here's what's going on...

I created two sims as teenagers and had them start out as living together. I got them to the point where the "ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend" option came up. Did that, they started dating. Got the option to exchange promise rings. Did that. Had them live as teenagers for a while then aged them both up to young adults via birthday cake. They maintained their romantic relationship. Now I'd like to get them engaged, but I can't for the life of me get that as an option.

I've tried making them go on several dates (all of which have achieved legendary status), I've tried making them perform several romantic interactions in a row, I've tried making them confess attraction/reveal crush/profess undying love a bunch of times, I've tried making them woohoo, I've tried every possible romantic interaction (except try for baby because I don't want them to have kids yet). Both relationship and friendship bars are at 100%. They are listed as being each other's soulmate, promised and best friends (they didn't become best friends until after they were in a relationship). Neither sim has any other romantic involvements that I can see by looking at their relationship tab.

Like I said before, the only info I've been able to find has to do with Sims 3. There is no "irresistible/extremely irresistible" that I've seen yet in Sims 4 (I've only been playing a few weeks). If there is an option to be going steady, I haven't gotten that yet, either. Another weird thing is even though they're listed as being soulmates and promised, the option "ask if single" is still available in their romantic interactions menu. And when they ask each other if the other is single, both of them will say yes.

Is there anything I've done that's making it impossible for them to propose, such as starting them off living together or aging them up? And is there a way I can make that option come up without having to scrap the whole relationship and start over? Why would they still say they are single despite being promised/soulmates/dating? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Edit: Forgot to add that I have also had both sims be flirty/very flirty at the same time and that hasn't helped either.

I had the same problem and I fixed it with 100 percent

Steps:

1. Push the Ctrl+Shift+C  keys
2 Your cheat box is showing right now put in TestingCheats On (this has to be on to do any of this btw or any cheat)
3.Next put Cas.FullEditMode
4. Pick any young adult or adult sim
5.Fifth on the sim you pick push shift+Left mouse key (options will appear. Make into plant sim-Debug-,Reset Object -Debug-,Modify in CAS,Cheat needed..., and Marriage...)
6. Pick the option Modify in  cas.
7. Once in create a sim go to the relationships and make them wife and wife, husband and husband, or husband and wife (this also works if you accidentally forgot to make a sim the adults child).
8. Press the check mark to complete and exit creat a sim

And Tada they are now married :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything