Author Topic: Can't add a holiday on the first day of the year?  (Read 4032 times)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Can't add a holiday on the first day of the year?
« on: July 03, 2018, 06:09:22 PM »
I have a problem with the new Legacy rules according to Seasons. Namely the new scoring for Seasons:

"The second holiday should be created on the day your founder began the challenge…the 1st day of whichever season you started in. This holiday must also contain only one tradition. You may freely pick this tradition, but it should be a reflection of your founder. Either something they like to do, or a representation of their personality or a major life event that happened to them."

The problem is I couldn't make a holiday on the Day I began my Legacy challenge because the game won't allow you to make a holiday on the current day. So I waited until the next day... and the first day disappeared from the calendar! I couldn't make a holiday on that blank space! So I assume you cannot make a holiday on the first day of the year because if I wait until the new year, the first day of Spring will be the current day and I can't make a holiday on it. So I can't earn any points for that holiday. I could make a holiday when my founder dies but I feel cheated.

Is there any way I can re-enable the first day of Spring(which is the Season I started on) or advance the calendar so I can add a holiday on the first day of spring? Or is that scoring already invalid? I sent a comment to Pinstar's site explaining my woes.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Can't add a holiday on the first day of the year?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »
The first day of spring will appear on the bottom row of your calendar once you advance to Summer, I believe. The game keeps adding upcoming weeks and seasons so you can always see several weeks ahead.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
@MystiKitty

According to Pinstar's updated scoring for Seasons, which I have quoted below, you do not create your new legacy holidays until after the death of your founder.
In other words, you do not create the legacy holiday commemorating your legacy's starting day on the first day of your legacy challenge.

Hope that helps. Once your founder dies, you shouldn't have any trouble creating both holidays.
Good luck and happy simming!

The Legacy Family Holidays:

Upon the death of your founder, create two new holidays. One must fall on the day your founder died. This holiday may be given any name, but must have only one tradition assigned to it: Remembrance.

The second holiday should be created on the day your founder began the challenge…the 1st day of whichever season you started in. This holiday must also contain only one tradition. You may freely pick this tradition, but it should be a reflection of your founder. Either something they like to do, or a representation of their personality or a major life event that happened to them.
With the death of each heir, add ONE tradition to EITHER of the two family holidays (but not both). This new tradition should also reflect something related to the heir that just died. Continue this as you play through your challenge adding a new tradition with the death of each generation’s heir. (Please note: The traditions will be added up to the death of the 8th generation heir. The 9th and 10th generation heirs will not get a tradition as they will still be alive at the end of the challenge. This is why the founder gets two traditions and not one.)
Both holidays should qualify for days off from work/school.
You may name either holiday whatever you want and may choose whatever decoration theme you wish (if any).
Scoring:
1 point once one of the two holidays reaches a total of 5 traditions
1 point if you are able to have an heir reach gold level celebration status for a 5-tradition family holiday.
1 point if you are able to have all active members of a legacy household reach gold level celebration status for a family holiday.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »
Okay, I missed the whole "Create both holidays when your founder dies" part. Sorry about that.

Also, I found that I was panicking for nothing - the calendar refreshes the season you are on after you enter the next season, so once it becomes Summer, it'll pull Summer up to the top and bring Spring back. (I did this by doing a test file and using a Seasons cheat to advance the season.) Thankfully you saved me from invalidating my legacy by pointing out that rule about when I have to create my holidays. I knew that one holiday was the deathday(Harry Potter reference) of the founder, but I didn't read carefully. Sorry about that.  :-[

If anyone wants to close this topic, that's fine.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »
@MystiKitty

No worries, the Pinstar Legacy suddenly got very complicated with the addition of Seasons, hehe.
I was so panicked about all the new stuff that, when a friend tried to explain how to set up my holidays, I asked her to wait for a few days when I wasn't so confused.
Good luck with your legacy!

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 01:57:58 AM »
Yeah, I know. The problem I'm having now is strawberries. I was trying to influence the founder to have a baby girl but for some reason the starter fruit seeds no longer have strawberries in them. She's pregnant now but I don't know if listening to pop music will be enough.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 02:23:05 AM »
Maybe you can use a portable boombox to listen to pop music next to a place with strawberries growing?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything